Esteemed Contributor

Re: To tuck or not to tuck -- that is the question

Never at home.  Always at work, where I wear a belt with tools.  They have to be accessible.  The best work belt is from Duluth Trading, BTW.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I like those Duluth Trading commercials, @Sweetbay magnolia

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Definitely no tucking for me. I've never had a waistline, even when I was young and weighed 95 lb. Needless to say, that hasn't improved with age. So no, not gonna tuck, half or otherwise. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I occasionally do a half tuck - but only with soft drapey fabrics like SG's liquid knit.   

Just tuck in starting at your belly button and measure a couple of inches on the right and left.   Then, just stand in front of the mirror and manipulate the fabric until you have an acceptable drape.

I have a straight up and down shape and long torso.  Belts look awful.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBAwrote:

I occasionally do a half tuck - but only with soft drapey fabrics like SG's liquid knit.   

Just tuck in starting at your belly button and measure a couple of inches on the right and left.   Then, just stand in front of the mirror and manipulate the fabric until you have an acceptable drape.

I have a straight up and down shape and long torso.  Belts look awful.

Thanks for the instructions, @ALRATIBA. I just love the half tuck on the models and some hosts; however, I always feel uncomfortable with it like everyone will think I forgot to tuck the rest in. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No full tuck ever!   I also have a short torso and a thick waist on top of that.  Don't need the extra thickness at the waist.  I wear lower rise jeans and often tuck to the side or tie at the side. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBGwrote:

Ladies, here's Erin from Busbee Style.  She's good and understands quality.  I love her quiet concerned manner and she isn't "preachy".

Here she shows how to do a "half tuck" (although, the backside is covered).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohMYSbVogI

@ECBG  Thank you.  I subscribed to her website.  I like her but my favorite is Dominique Sachse.  

Honored Contributor

Half tuck now almost always.  The reason is that I have a jean initial charm.  You hook it on to your jean loop.  It dangles down.  Very cute.  Got plenty of comments when I wear it out.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, half tuck, just once in a while. If half, I always blouse over. I might do this if the top is oversized.

Haven't full tucked in a long, long time.

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on what I'm wearing and where I am -- sometimes I tuck, sometimes I don't.  I've tried the half-tuck, but it always comes off as sloppy on me.  I don't wear a belt unless it's dress slacks or skirt that came with a belt (and belt loops).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt