Valued Contributor

Re: To those who received the slim leg jeans...

On 4/19/2014 ~k~ said:
On 4/18/2014 jazzbabe said:
On 4/12/2014 ~k~ said:

I've been watching this thread over the past couple of days - - the last comments inspired me to go back & try mine on. I've purchased these pants in the white & the navy denim and they are very tapered/slim on my leg - - with no flare. Love them! - - - I, too purchased two sizes since I was not sure what size would work for me - - - - but again - - none of mine have a flared leg. Mine are a true slim ankle pant.

Which size fit better, the smaller or the larger size?

jazz - I'm so sorry - - I'm just now checking again on this post - - I like the fit of the smaller size - - & I ordered the blue & the white - -

K - no worries - this just confirms for me that the smaller size is probably the better choice.

Valued Contributor

I am still trying to decide on these jeans. I love the fit of the legs and mine do not flare at all, but the rise is long and as I wear them they slide down until the crotch is too low. I have worn them around the house and am constantly pulling them up. I am a pear shape so I don't feel like I can size down because of my hips and thighs. I'm wondering if the waist can be altered in some way. I don't want to add belt loops because I don't want the bulk. Maybe darts or a new waist band. Not sure what to do. I love the fit except for that and the white is not see-through. The fit is very slimming on my legs, but that growing waistline problem...sigh...what to do?

Trusted Contributor

You can replace the elastic with a shorter piece that will cinch the waist in more.

Honored Contributor

To those of you who have ordered these pants....I am only 5'2"" and I find the rise to be too long and a little roomy in the waist. Should i try washing these and drying them to shrink them up a bit?? I love the look of these pants and the fabric is perfect!

Valued Contributor

On 4/22/2014 crdlb said:

You can replace the elastic with a shorter piece that will cinch the waist in more.

Thanks, crdlb! I think these pants are worth the effort (or price, if I pay someone else to do it). Love the look of the white with the aqua poet/English gardener shirt.

Valued Contributor

On 4/23/2014 loveschocolate said:

To those of you who have ordered these pants....I am only 5'2" and I find the rise to be too long and a little roomy in the waist. Should i try washing these and drying them to shrink them up a bit?? I love the look of these pants and the fabric is perfect!

Loveschocolate, that did not work for me. I am taller (5'6") and the rise is high on me, but workable -- unless the waistband starts stretching and then they slide down on me and I get a droopy crotch look. Not attractive. But if I can resolve the waistband these will still work for me. If the rise is just too long for you, I don't think they will shrink in the way that would make them work.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Qulia. Dagnabit....wish they came in petites.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the size 10 white and navy pants, and they arrived today. My normal size 8 was sold out, but I ordered them on wait list, in case the 10s did not fit. I tried on the white pants first, and I think they are a bit too large. Then I tried on the navy, and they fit perfectly -- go figure! The size 8 white is still on wait list. I'm going to cancel the wait list size 8 navy, as I'm keeping the size 10 navy. I like the pants a lot (note: they do NOT flair out at the bottom on either pair).

Did you find one color fit differently than another color? I was hoping my size 8 white wait list pants would ship, so I could compare the sizing between the 8 and the 10, but no such luck. I really wanted white denim pants, as I have the white denim jacket and the white sleeveless vest. Also, I have the white pants on now, and they are very long in the crotch, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to return these size 10 white pants. I hate when the waistband is under my bust -- not a pretty look, ha!

Super Contributor

I had the opposite experience Lyn! My navy was way too tight and much shorter than the white. That color fit much better.
Respected Contributor

TeachRsPet: Since I had to order size 10 in both white and navy (size 8 was already sold out in both colors), I'm happy with the fit of the navy on me (your navy was too tight for you). I'll have to return the white size 10, and hope the size 8 comes through for me on wait list. I never know whether to order the smaller or larger size, but Linea's pants generally fit me in size 8. With some other designers, I can barely get the zipper up in size 8.

Anybody: Do your Linea wait lists ever get filled? Do you think the pants will be reordered?