Super Contributor

To those who bought or are buying the new aqua jean jacket....

How do you plan to wear/style your jacket? What exactly will you be wearing it with? What bottoms, tops, shoes, etc. do you think you'll wear with this jacket? I just bought the yellow jacket to go with the black and yellow maxi dress from last year and am not sure I "need" the aqua, but could probably be "persuaded"... Just need some "visuals" and a little enabling ;-)

Honored Contributor

Re: To those who bought or are buying the new aqua jean jacket....

I will probably wear mine with white pants or maybe even grey. It's a beautiful color; came yesterday so I haven't tried it on. I already have the white and yellow from last year.

Honored Contributor

Agua is not a usual color for me but I ordered it. I have aqua espadrilles that I bought on sale a couple of years ago and have never worn. Plan to wear it with white jeans. I have the aqua WK scoop neck top and I purchased striped cotton top with various shades of aqua and navy for a more casual feel.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wanted to remind everyone that there will be aqua ankle length jeans coming in the next couple of months from Louis. I'll definitely be ordering them to wear with the aqua jacket. Of course, I'll also mix things up and wear white pants/skirts with it. Another good combo is aqua and chocolate brown. Aqua is one of my favorite colors and really goes with a surprising number of other colors.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

It goes great with the Black Ikat print pieces---there is the same shade of Aqua in the print!
"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

My SIL bought this jacket and the color is gorgeous! I personally would not wear it with a matching bottom but that's just a matter of preference. I tried it on over my jeans and a red t-shirt and it looked great! I think the color is very neutral in many ways -- not too different than sleeping beauty turquoise, which seems to go with just about anything.
Respected Contributor

I'm still waiting for delivery of my white jean jacket, but the aqua is calling my name, too.

Valued Contributor

I wish the aqua jacket had silver buttons and studs. I have lots of turquoise jewelry in silver but only a few turquoise pieces in gold, and they're more dressy than casual. It can be pricey to replace all of the buttons on this one. Plus the studs are gold, so then you would need two tone buttons so it wouldn't look off. I'm still contemplating whether to get this one. I really am looking for something more in a sea foam shade.
Super Contributor

Belle_Femme, I have the same thoughts about the gold buttons on this new aqua/turquoise jacket. Because of the time I've spent in New Mexico, I have quite a beloved collection of turquoise and silver ... much of the silver is oxidized though, so I think I'm going to get the jacket and switch out the buttons for something in the same turquoise color, to let the buttons take a back stage to my jewelry. Probably the studs won't be so prominent then, but if those little gold studs still bother me, I'm thinking of sanding them lightly and carefully touching them up with fabric/craft paint to blend in with the jacket LOL! The things we do for jewelry Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Cathy, I love Southwestern turquoise jewelry and have a lot of it. I might try your idea. Thanks for sharing!