Respected Contributor

Hello Fellow Fashionistas!  i hate to admit this but the other day I discovered after I got home from work that all day I had my slip on inside out.  Fortunately no one knew but me and I have to admit i laughed out loud. (truly I did) i was sharing this information with a close friend and her grandaughter was with us and said "whats a slip?"  She is a tittle girl (under 4 i think) and i just started thinking...Do you still wear slips?  Just curious!

Honored Contributor

Re: To slip or not to slip...

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hello Fellow Fashionistas!  i hate to admit this but the other day I discovered after I got home from work that all day I had my slip on inside out.  Fortunately no one knew but me and I have to admit i laughed out loud. (truly I did) i was sharing this information with a close friend and her grandaughter was with us and said "whats a slip?"  She is a tittle girl (under 4 i think) and i just started thinking...Do you still wear slips?  Just curious!

@Franklinbell 

I do and I wish they would bring them back.  I have two very nice ones that I have had for quite a long time and they are beginning to show signs of age and I need some new ones but the ones on Amazon are not nice and they are not the quality I want.  I would like for someone like Wacoal to make some nice half slips at least.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday if I find a good one I'll let you know! Mine are like yours.hanging on by a thread!

Esteemed Contributor

No because most of my dress clothes are already lined.  I do have a couple of old ones of various lengths in the back of the drawer, I need to toss them. 

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine wearing any version of a slip in this heat!   

A hundred years ago when I lived in a climate with serious winter temperatures, I wore half slips or pettipants.  Loved pettipants in cold weather.  As for a full slip ... not since grade school.   Just not necessary.

Honored Contributor

I do not wear a slip with my maxi dresses.

Trusted Contributor

I wear Jockey Skinnies under dresses. Much better than a slip iMHO.

Trusted Contributor

That should read Skimmies

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn a dress in a long time.  When I was still working, I would occasionally wear a skirt or dress that was somewhat see through so I did need a slip.  They are getting harder to fin, as I don't believe people wear them that much. Just like panty hose!  These were once staples in every women's wardrobe.... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't worn a slip in 20, maybe 25 years.  No 4 year old would know what a slip is.  My nieces and daughters are all 30ish and my guess is somr of them have never worn a slip and might not know what a slip is.  Granted we are in jeans, leggings, pants, shorts most of the time  Most sheer dresses/skirts today have built in slips.  If not and I think it might be see through, I don't buy it.  I think modern fabrics don't cling and I always wear slip shorts as my underwear.  My friends are all fashionistas, we talk about clothes including bras, panties, camisoles etc.  The subject of slips has never come up so I assume they don't wear them either.

Spoiler