Honored Contributor

Re: To say i am just a little upset

Orders for me from QVC have been taking 8-10 dates to arrive of late.  Orders stay in processing for at least 4 days and then go to "shipping notification received" for another couple of days.  That's just the way it seems to be with my QVC orders of late.

On the surface, HSN seems to do better - usually shipping within 2 days, but then the orders sit waiting for UPS pick up.

As someone else said...if I want fast shipping, I buy from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I too am a little confused on why it takes so many days for "processing", thinking it could be due to the volume of orders.  I thought the Lock & Lock TSV last weekend had close to 250,000 orders for their set.  That amount of shipments, even if some ordered more than one set, takes a lot of time to process.  They probably have a set amount of employees and don't adjust headcount depending on anticipated orders that might come in.  Also, the website might not update "shipped" the second that the item is shipped, maybe it takes a while for it to update. 

If I have to have something right away, I will pay for quicker shipping or purchase locally.   Meanwhile, my TSV Lock & Lock should to arrive in a few days.

Sometimes its been helpful to me that it takes a couple of days to process, and I can cancel something that I've changed my mind about.

If QVC gives you a UPS tracking number, check the UPS website for tracking your package.  You can get more accurate information off their website then you can from QVC. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove- The shipping charges are clearly stated before you place your order.  So, whether they package items together or ship them separately, it's not a scam.

It would only be a scam, if they said shipping was $3 per order, but then charged you per item.  (In which case, you would be legally entitled to a refund.)

You might not like or agree with the shipping charges, but it's not right to call it a scam.  You can decide before you submit your order whether it's something you're willing to pay or not.

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I think the best course of action with QVC is jusrt expect to wait it out.  It gets here when it gets here.  In the old days, we could not even check on shipping, and it all eventually made its way to our homes.,

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

If I were this upset I would just refuse delivery when it shows up.  Of course then there is the risk it will get lost and you will have even more aggravation to deal with.  Not sure how the shipping charges go in refusals.  I've only done it twice in my life. 

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@ScarletDove- The shipping charges are clearly stated before you place your order.  So, whether they package items together or ship them separately, it's not a scam.

It would only be a scam, if they said shipping was $3 per order, but then charged you per item.  (In which case, you would be legally entitled to a refund.)

You might not like or agree with the shipping charges, but it's not right to call it a scam.  You can decide before you submit your order whether it's something you're willing to pay or not.

@Venezia  I am fully aware of the policy, having shopped here from the beginning, I was simply giving my personal opinion, like it or not! 

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Venezia  I am fully aware of the policy, having shopped here from the beginning, I was simply giving my personal opinion, like it or not! 

@ScarletDove- I understand personal opinions, but in this day and age, calling something a "scam" implies an illegal activity.  And their shipping policies are not illegal, like it or not.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never order anything from QVC that I need or want by a specific time.  Their shipping is just too inconsistent. 

Occasional Contributor

@blackhole99  My remark is about your question regarding charges for shipping.  I put in 2 orders of cuddleduds tights (each order had 2 tights) with a total of 4 tights.  The ship cost was $3 per tight.  All were on the same invoice and in the same plastic bag package. Of course I was charged $3 x 4 tights for a total of $12 shipping; the bag did not weight more than 2 lbs maximum.  What a scam is that!!

I hope you called them on that issue...that is a total rip off

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

That does seem like a long time to get an item to the customer and I agree that they could improve on that.

But, I look at shipping times a bit differently.  If I need something FAST, I use amazon prime or find it online locally and go get it.    If not, I don't care how long it takes to get it to me.  I figure I've done without the item for 70 years so as long as it arrives, I'm happy. 

ITA. THere is nothing, absolutely nothing that I order from QVC that I have to have within a specific time.  LIke most people I have certain stresses in my life.  I refuse to allow QVC's slow shipping to be added to the list.  If I need something quickly I buy it locally or order from Amazon.  FOr the items I order from QVC which are getting to be fewer and fewer when they show up they show up. I can't worry about it.