Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of underwire bras cutting into you??

I have always had problems with the wires poking my underarms and they would tear through the fabric.  I have solved that problem by using iron on patches.  I cut one into very tiny strips and iron away right over the spot where the wire end is on my bras. Once I do that, I have never been bothered by a wire poking me or poking through.

If I remove the wire from my bras, there is no way I would go out in public like that.  I 100% need the wire in my bra.  I am over endowed in that area.

Honored Contributor

Walcole used to be my go to brand, Notice that I said used to be. Quality in my experience has changed. My last purchase thought to myself! Now what? Brezzies TSV!! To the rescure. Omg!! Best Bra!!! Happy Dance!!💃 Thanks Qvc!! Kathy, Please never stop making.💁
Trusted Contributor

How do you wash your bras?  Do you put them in the dryer?  I don't have that problem. I buy Waco all. 

Trusted Contributor

How do you wash your bras?  Do you put them in the dryer?  I don't have that problem. I buy Waco all.   I don't buy with foam. 

Honored Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

I like the fit of a few Barely Breezie bras and need underwires.  I cannot wear those moulded cup things at all.  They seem to sit with a life of their own that has nothing to do with the body inside.

Every time I find a BB that fits, they discontinue it.  I recently bought 5 off the QVC As Is site since they won't be continued.

I do find that the wires pop out under my arms awfully easily.  First I hand stitch over the hole, then when that stops working, I sew chamois over the edge of the bra.  It is a lovely look.... not.

Finally, I pull them out and call them "house bras".

I really wish Breezies could address this issue.

@Libbylady

Where is the As Is site?   

Honored Contributor

I think they make underwire  bras better than they used to.   I can remember wearing the heavy-duty Bali Snowflake bra which was built like a suit of Armour.   After a very brief period of wear this big,  heavy steel wire would starting poking under the arm and it hurt.   I never have trouble with wires protruding on the modern undermines,  and the wires are lightweight and non-destructive.   Can't wear a bra without,  however. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I think she means the "as is"  merchandise on QVC. Com. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What I find strange that, in some stores, all they have are those molded foam cups .... no regular bras!    Foam cups for as far as the eye can see ....  lol

Oh how right you are! I won't wear molded cups, underwires, padded, anything that alters my natural bust. Try to find natural cup bras in any store! There really aren't any. And if I ever do find some I buy as many as I can! 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I can't stand underwire bras, either.  I have been bra-fitted at Nordstrom and Dillards several times and have purchased several very well-fitting Wacoal bras, but I still feel like the underwires are poking my rib cage and it drives me crazy!  14 years ago I was pregnant with my twins; toward the end of my pregnancy I was so incredibly ginormous!  I almost feel like my rib cage got permanently pushed up when I was pregnant and never went completely back into place.  Anyway, I will only wear my underwire bras for special occasions; otherwise, I can only stand to wear wireless on a daily basis.  Decent wireless bras are hard to find nowadays.  It seems like 90% of the bras sold are wired.  So thru my searching, I discovered a Warner's "firm support" wireless bra that I was able to find on Amazon.  It's amazing.  It really does support well.  As I searched for more of these Warner's bras, I discovered that Warners makes a whole line of these "firm support" bras, but they are only sold in Canada!  Here in the US, we only seem to get the flimsy Warner's styles.  Not fair.  

Honored Contributor

I'm used to dealing with underwires, but I can't take these foam bras that seem to be everywhere.  Is there that big a demand that they need to be everywhere?