Super Contributor

Re: Tired of big shirts, long shirts, high-low and peplum shirts

Not really!! shirts are evergreen, especially basic white and black. Pair them with well fitted denims, trousers or skirts, they look cool. Shirt with denims is my go to outfit.

Honored Contributor

Dillards has a great section I buy slacks there. Shorter tops are greats too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nope.  I love today's tunics and longer tops.  Especially the ones that are longer in the back because I like wearing black leggings and skinny jeans and slim jeans and those styles call for longer.  However, they haven't stopped making shorter tees and tops. They are everywhere, at every retailer.  All you have to do is look for them.  

Honored Contributor

No.

Regular fitting shirts and short length shirts are everywhere.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Yes - I am tired of tunics, peplums and fit and flare tops.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Nope.  I love today's tunics and longer tops.  Especially the ones that are longer in the back because I like wearing black leggings and skinny jeans and slim jeans and those styles call for longer.  However, they haven't stopped making shorter tees and tops. They are everywhere, at every retailer.  All you have to do is look for them.  

I am not tired of them at all.  I love the longer tops that are longer in the back.  I also wear them with leggings, slim jeans and various other outfits.  When I shop I still see alot of shorter tops.

Frequent Contributor

YES-YES-YES!!

Since nobody seems to care-  I have found the solution.   Shop on line at other places where these sizes are offered.....or go to brick and mortar stores that cater to all different shapes and sizes.    The reward has been that I was able to find things that fit my petite size while discovering many really good sale prices!

Honored Contributor

These longer blousy tunics and peplum style add pounds 

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of "big shirts."  I like them.  They've been around for years.  I wear them as "shirt-jackets" in warm weather.   I haven't bought any new ones in quite a while.  I have a good collection of "my colors" ... so I don't foresee the need to buy anymore.

I do like the long shirts.  Bought quite a few of them over the last few years.  C Wonder and Bob Mackie are my most recent purchases.

I have a couple of high-low tops.  I'm wearing them - but plan on cuttng them to an even length one of these days when I'm tired of them.  They are really pretty colors .. it would be a shame not to do the alteration.  

Peplum shirts are awful, as are those fit and flair tops that "follow the lines of your body."  My body isn't shaped that way.  Wide shoulders and no hips ... I prefer a long lean/narrow look - hence my choice of long shirts.  

--------------------------

I buy most of my tops from places other than QVC. 

Respected Contributor

I'm long waisted and plus size so the more tunic length tops the better. I don't think I own any peplums and I have a few shorter length bell sleeve tops. I'm not one who instantly hates trends, some are pretty nice. I'm not a classic, tailored button down person. I find those clothes uncomfortable and it's not needed for my lifestyle. Luckily we have lots of options these days to find the clothes that we do like.