Occasional Contributor

Tired of big shirts, long shirts, high-low and peplum shirts

Anyone else tired of all the oversized shirts and tees? I'm short so they are usually overwhelming wether regular or petite size. Whatever happened to a normal size top? Miss them.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of big shirts, long shirts, high-low and peplum shirts

@Seabiscuit wrote:
Anyone else tired of all the oversized shirts and tees? I'm short so they are usually overwhelming wether regular or petite size. Whatever happened to a normal size top? Miss them.

All of your questions can be best answered in the fashion forum.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@Seabiscuit wrote:

I agree.  All I want is tailored regular clothes.  I’m petite and have a hard time finding clothes that don’t make me look like I’m wearing my dad’s shirts.  I really dislike the hi low style and the big bell sleeves.  Hopefully more classic styles will find their way back.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not petite and bored with big shirts, tunic lengths, high-low hems, peplum shirts and don't forget the bell sleeves!

The only trend I bought was the bell-sleeves and quickly took those two Linea blouses in for alteration. Yes, had those bells removed ASAP. Love my Linea striped cotton blouses now! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Yes. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes!  it is nearly impossible, if not impossible to find a closer fit, short top.that isn't sleeveless !!  look. for yourself...there just aren't any.  i have a few midi skirts that are flowing with a waistband.  I cannot wear a loose, or longer top..  i need something a little closer to body, that falls a few inches below waist.  i have an old topfrom 6 years ago, but it is no longer fit to wear.  lol

everything is tunic length, extra loose,or sleeveless.  i found a couple of closer fitting, (not tight or form fitting), with sleeves to elbow...but length on all fall below hip bone.  i have looked everywhere.  I don't care if it is 200 bucks, I need one.  I can't wear my skirts.  maddening.

it is a one size fits all world, made for leggings tops.

I would like to add I am 71, a size medium or large sometimes.  i am not into off the shoulder, or sleeveless for these skirts. for once I would like to wear a top, and not have to layer with another top or shrug!

Respected Contributor

I am also very tired of tunics and peplum tops, but they have saved me alot of money as I've seen some very cute tops I would surely have bought if they were not so long and were not peplum.  Also don't like the high and low - I don't mind if there is an 1-2" difference, but 4" is just too much.

As for bell sleeves, if they are bracelet length and not too too frilly and large, I kind of like a small bell.

As far as oversized, I would never wear an oversized top of any kind ever.

Honored Contributor

I prefer oversized and flowy during the summer season (it was 107° today).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

If you're tired of the big and baggy look then don't wear them. You'll have to shop at the better stores to find more fitted clothing. I see "regular" womens clothing and lots of it when I shop at Von Maur. This store is my silent majority when it comes to a superb shopping experience. 

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

I am a very smal person- 5 ft. and can't wear any of those trendy long big looks. Talbots is a good place to try - massive petite section- and 40 off sale is coming this weekend or around the 15? their clothes are pricy so a sale is ths way to go.