Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of all the bell sleeves and cold shoulders.

I don't mind bell sleeves, hate the cold shoulder tops and also hi low hem dresses, unless they are lined. I don't want to see the underside of the back of my dress.

Honored Contributor

With all the bell sleeves and cold shoulder tops out there I am saving money.  Just waiting for this to pass.

Honored Contributor

There's nothing new about cold shoulder tops.  My friend who only wears Slinky has cold shoulder tops that must be 10 or 12 years old.  I have a cold shoulder dress and two tops that I bought last summer.  That's it for me.  I don't want any more.  But I don't think the look is going anywhere any time soon.  It's growing and women don't want fashions that come and go in a year or two.  We're doe with that foolishness.  I remember when we all thought skinny jeans were a fad, boy were we wrong.  The fashion gurus give us new things but the things we love don't go anywhere. We just have more options.

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121, I am so tired of the cold shoulder tops, I have fat arms and don't even wear sleeveless tops!  I don't like the high & low in tops or dresses/skirts, don't mind bell sleeves, but don't wear one while going out to eat, you'll be dipping your sleeve in your food, LOL!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t have any of these tops, but many obviously like them. I wear things that are hated by many on here (for ex: distressed jeans, Spanx leggings, skinny jeans, thumb hole shirts, etc.). Just bc I wouldn’t wear something myself doesn’t mean I’d make negative comments about it (or those who wear it) or wish it wasn’t around bc I know others do like it. To each his own and just buy what you like. Thankfully there’s tons of choices out there for all different tastes.

Respected Contributor

I am now at the age where I won't do cold shoulder. I see women a lot older than me trying to carry it off. It's not about being fit. 

There's a saying that if you can remember the first time a trend was were worn, it's better not to do a repeat past the second time. In my teens and twenties, those styles were great. But now I'm going to follow the advice of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

I don't mind maxi dresses and skirts--as long as they don't look "hippyish." They are actulaly more modest and cooler than shorts.

Bell sleeves I don't do, because I have short arms and don't want to invest in alterations.

A while back, I was looking at the fashion forecasts for fall 2018. Hideous. There was that time in the late 1980s and early 1990s when clothes were simply awful. I know I won't be doing a repeat on hair. haha.