Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of 3/4-length sleeves

Sweaters w/ 3/4 sleeves are useless to me. My forearms are cold. Some of the designers call them bracelet sleeves. I call them skimpy looking. Even though I'm a petite 5'1", I inherited my Dad's long arms, long legs and big feet (size 8). 3/4  sleeves just emphasize my out of proportion arm length...same as capris make it look like my pants are 4" too short and does nothing to give me a longer line. My biggest gripe is that this shorter sleeve length does not give me any options. If I want to push up my sleeves to show off my bracelets, that should be my choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mia 2 wrote:

I love 3/4 length sleeves. I am short and can not wear the regular long sleeves.  This option allows me to something other than short sleeved shirts.  Also I find they work for summer and winter, as in winter I layer them up with a vest or jacket.  I hope QVC continues to make some of their tops with 3/4 length sleeves!

@mia 2, I completely agree.  I can't wear regular long sleeves and have seen some long sleeved tops I would like to buy.  But so often, petite sizes are forgotten.  In the summer, I am cold in AC and wear them.  Spending time outside in the warm weather, I do wear short sleeves.  But I do layer mine in the winter, so for me they are year round as well.  

Honored Contributor

I like all sleeve lengths. I wear 3/4 sleeves in spring, fall, and in winter. I get hot very easily even when it is cold so a 3/4 sleeve knit top or sweater works for me. I do not think they are frumpy looking if the sleeves are cut close to the arms. I dislike cotton button down shirts with 3/4 sleeves. I think those shirts look unfinished.

Respected Contributor

I prefer 3/4 sleeves.  Don't care for short sleeves unless under a sweater for less bulk.  Even in summer, 3/4 works better for me than short sleeves.  I don't like long sleeves as I love jewelry and want to show off my bracelets.   I do have some long sleeve tops/sweaters for winter but find I am always pushing them up out of the way.  For those who are tall I can see where 3/4 sleeves may not work for you but on the other hand long sleeves are probably too short for you and long sleeves are often too long for those of average or shorter height.  I guess the the answer is thank goodness there is a choice of length in tops/sweaters/jackets sleeves so there is something that is best for all of us.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

while its a major pet peeve for my daughter I actually don't mind them until I'm trying to put on a jacket and it's, literally, physically uncomfortable!
Respected Contributor

I like and own several sleeve lengths (hmmm . . . not sure I have any elbow length at the moment), just as I have items with several different necklines. I like the variety and wear an appropriate length for the weather/time of year. I don't think 3/4-length sleeves look "frumpy" or like one's sleeves are just too short (I think most people can recognize that they're made to be that way) or whatever.

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for 3/4 sleeves either, especially QVC's because they aren't fitted. The way they flare out looks matronl/dated and adds visual weight.

Contributor

I have long arms, so 3/4 sleeves look out of proportion on me.