Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of 3/4-length sleeves

They are my preferred length for years, but lately i've been thinking I should move on.  I'll wear what I have, buy I'll try to resist buying more.

Honored Contributor

They don't work for me. In the summer I like elbow length and long sleeves all other times. On me they just look awkward.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm 4-foot-something.............3/4 sleeves are full length on me (!).    I can see where they would be very annoying on a tall woman............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Over the last few months, I went through the closet and shortened all the 3/4 sleeve tops to ellbow length or cap sleeve.   The 3/4 sleeves were uncomfortable and I wasn't wearing the shirts.  They look and feel so much better with shorter sleeves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm off of 3/4 sleeveves until I'm cold.

Then the "love affair" is over!

Contributor

@Desertdi Makes total sense!  That's a benefit for you. : )

Respected Contributor

This thread made me realize that the tops I wear the least have three quarter sleeves. My best length is an elbow sleeve because it somehow balances my proportions. When I wear long sleeves, I'll push them up to just below my elbows but somehow, that still looks ok.

Respected Contributor

I like that length. If I am wearing a crisp long-sleeve shirt in the summer, I turn the sleeve up two turns, which I think is the length to which you refer. I look for tees in summer with that length sleeve because I have never liked my arms so I like the coverage. If the length is awkward on such a tee, I turn the sleeve's hem up a turn or just push it up a bit. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't like 3/4 length sleeves on me.  I'm always cold if my sleeves aren't at the wrist, doesn't matter if I have a sweater over it or not.  Just something about part of my arm uncovered, I'm cold all day.  Wierd, I know.

Just like the bed sheet up over my shoulder, has to be there, or I'm cold????  What can I say???

Contributor

@3suwm5 I'm with you re: the sheets/blankets up above my shoulders! : )