Honored Contributor

Time to Stop Buying Summer Clothes For Me

I am done with summer wear.  I won't buy anything else unless it can be worn late into the autumn.  I don't want to buy other things to store and change in the closet, so from now on it's weed out summer clothes time. 

Do you buy a lot of summer clothes now, or have you--like me--already done that?  

Contributor

Re: Time to Stop Buying Summer Clothes For Me

I am with Sooner.  I have spent a lot and living in Michigan, it is still cool here.  I haven't had a chance to wear a lot of the clothes I purchased.   I am focusing on only items that can be worn in the fall.

Esteemed Contributor

We can wear summer clothes pretty much all year in Arizona if we want but the long sleeves and long pants come out when it's below 75 degrees. I get sick of shorts, sandals. Winter clothes last for years.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a lot of new tops at the beginning of the summer last year so I'm pretty well set there.  However, I would like to get a few more Capris as I don't have that many and they're several years old.  I hate buying any type of pant so I put it off.  I also want to get a couple of transitional pieces (tops) in case we have a cooler day or week (like this week is going to be).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

The summer season here is rather short. My summer wardrobe is the smallest part of my closet. Most of my wardrobe is fall/winter stuff b/c that's what the weather is like here most of the time. I like it that way.

Trusted Contributor

@Tulip fan same here in Ohio.  I washed up some of my summer tops and shorts.... they are still in my closet! 

Esteemed Contributor

We had our usual tease when it got warm and then dashed our hopes.  Happens every year.

So all stocked up here.

Honored Contributor

It's crazy weather here--54 degrees and raining to beat the band (no storms) and supposed to be that way today AND tomorrow!  I am wearing my French terry olive green and white pants and a heavier olive green t-shirt.  I should be in crops and a sleeveless top by now.

And if it is thundering in May we are usually either crouched in the storm shelter or poised to make the dash to it!  But I sure do NOT miss that activity! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be wearing "summer clothes" till November, so this is the time of year for me to stock up.  I buy darker colored clothes in lightweight fabrics and switch to those during the fall.  Still need to feel cool, but don't feel comfortable wearing a tropical print in October, so the darker colors give me a seasonal feel.  The only time I need clothes for cooler weather is in January & February.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I bought several Old Navy pieces on sale. I love them! Play I live in Connecticut, New England. The old saying is if you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes and it'll change. It was boiling hot this weekend, but the predicted weather this week is 20° lower. Go figure. I prefer fall and winter myself. Even though I'm in the minority, those are my favorite seasons.