Honored Contributor

Re: Tie-Waist Boatneck Sweater: Yay or Nay?

@willdob3 wrote:

@lolakimono

For me, NAY.

The ones shown in the OP would not look good on my hourglass shape. They look OK on the model but she seems to be tall and stick-like with no bust or hips. 

I like boatneck styles but I wear a bra so they don’t work for me.

@willdob3

I wear a bra with wide set straps for tops that need it.

Honored Contributor

YAY for me!

I like that style ... one of the few that work for my body shape ... which is basically "T" shaped.   

Back in the 90s ... something sort of like that was "faddish."  They had this buckle-like accessory that you could pull the side edge of your knit shirt through and arrive at basically the same look as this tie.  I still have a couple of those buckles around here somewhere.  I occasionally come across them when looking for something else.

Respected Contributor

Yay

Honored Contributor

It's a hip tie, even on a tall model.  I'd wear it, it I wanted to.  I never worry about whether or not clothes make me look bigger...or smaller.   My hips are a size 16 and nothing I wear is going to make them look like a size 10.

Esteemed Contributor

Yay, I would wear it.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono,

I like how it looks in the models and it is nothing unwearable. Yes with a scarf/shirt for those of us who live in the NE.🌻

Respected Contributor

I think it’s cute and would definitely wear it with leggings or skinny jeans.  I’m short and a size 8-10.  

Esteemed Contributor

That big, floppy tie hanging down would drive me crazy - so it's a "nay" unless they could make the tie smaller/shorter.  I like the shape of the sweater otherwise.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I have something similar and I like the way it looks on me. I'm 5ft 6in and a 10-12. I would wear for sure.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I used to own a blouse with a side tie at the hip. I liked it, but I remember fussing with it to get it just right. I doubt I would purchase this sweater because the tie looks bulky, and I don't want bulk on my hip or leg.