Honored Contributor

Tie-Dye, Dip-Dye, Shibori, Crystal Wash

How many "designers" (and I use the word lightly) are going to do these prints.  Get original and come up with something on your own instead of redoing the same old same old.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tie-Dye, Dip-Dye, Shibori, Crystal Wash

Havent you figured it out?  All "designers" at QVC do the same thing, probably made in the same factory by the same workers.  Then they sew different labels in them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, tie dye looks  have been popular, however  it's over board . You see it in many  magazines  from other companies who sell clothing  . Let's get onto  some other print.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And, for many of them they aren't actually tied/dipped (etc. ) dyed.

The patterns are printed on the fabric. 

D&Co. did an actual dip dye in 2019 .... 

ETA:  I do like real tie-dye .... the dips and shibori (?) .... not so much.

Regular Contributor

I agree 100%!!

I have never liked Tie-Dye, not the original and not the 2022 version. 

Ditto for Dip-Dye. 

I don't hate Shibori, but that said, I don't own any Shibori & goodness knows I am getting tired of seeing it.

The other thing I am weary of is Camo. In any colorway.

And animal prints...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a different opinion.  I don't like big prints (especially floral prints) so the only type of prints I will wear are shibori and camo.

Regular Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I have a different opinion.  I don't like big prints (especially floral prints) so the only type of prints I will wear are shibouri and camo.

Having a different opinion is great! What a boring world it would be if we all liked and wore the same things. 

My point and, I think, the OP's point is that we are tired of seeing the same, or similar, things over and over across nearly all the clothing lines.

I've only been a QVC customer since February, and already am tired of same old same old. I fear that 2023 will bring us more of the same spring/summer prints, but who knows? Stay tuned. 

Super Contributor

Gotta wonder if they bought in bulk and dip, tie, shibori, crystal wash everything in one big vat on the QVC back lot?

Respected Contributor

Designers must have a special meeting so they can all bring out the best version of whatever they are selling esp. during a tsv or ts.

No one seems to have a mind of their own.

How many different ways can a pair of jeans, joggers, crops or whatever it is be done. 

It's crazy! 

They call themselves designers! I could do better than this.

Regular Contributor

Trends are set on the runway for the season. Each designer interprets the trends.