Contributor

Thursday SHOPAHOLICS - Yoo Hoo, where is everybody?

It's after 2 p.m., I looked & looked, and no Shopaholics thread! Where is everybody?

It's another hot, humid day, and I'm so frustrated over this pool business I want to cry. The upper ring keeps deflating, and I don't have the patience to look for another pinhole. I went to my regular mailbox (since the IRS won't send to PO Boxes if you have a physical address) hoping my homebuyer's credit check arrived so I could get the big lap pool I want. There was an envelope from the IRS, alright....they sent back my return because I forgot to sign it! {#emotions_dlg.crying} I mailed it right back, but by the time they get it and process it, I doubt I can hope to get my money before July - it took them six weeks just to return the unsigned form.

So, I did some shopping around for another pool. Sam's has an 18' X 48" pool for $400; that's bigger than the one I have and is large enough to swim in; it's also a hard side, so it'll be more durable. I'm going to get it tomorrow; that'll have to do for this year. Meanwhile, I'm trying to find someone to help put it up. I offered a friend of mine the old pool for free (her BF used to install pools, so he should be able to figure it out) if he'll put up the new one - it's supposed to take 90 minutes or less.

Hope you're all having a better day than I am!