Esteemed Contributor

Thumbs Up or Down? Tie/Fold Front...

I check Nordstrom's website every day for new women's clothing.  This style comes up lately...I'm assuming it's a new trend/new take on old standbys...the drape or cross front or just tying a shirt in front.

What are your opinions of this style?  Some examples...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Thumbs Up or Down? Tie/Fold Front...

@MacDUFF

Image result for thumbs down animated gif

Reminds me of a certain vendor who ties things all over the place.

Trusted Contributor

i think you have to be either really skinny or have a flat tummy, to be able to pull off shirts you tie at the waist. it draws the attention to that area, so that area better look good!

Honored Contributor

I like the light blue t ...looks a little more forgiving at the waist.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I check Nordstrom's website every day for new women's clothing.  This style comes up lately...I'm assuming it's a new trend/new take on old standbys...the drape or cross front or just tying a shirt in front.

What are your opinions of this style?  Some examples...

I like the pink one and the solid bright blue one with the longer sleeves. The striped shirt and the light blue button-down don't make any sense to me because the proportions are so weird. It looks like they are super boxy with sleeve openings you could drive a truck though and then it's suddenly cinched around the waist and gets cut off.

The second light blue one looks confused, like it sort of tried to be tied in the corner, but then forgot what it wanted to do and just hung out there. It's not flattering.

But can we go back to the stiped and the button-down again? Why are the sleeves so big? Why? Like, I don't even care about the tied part because I can't get past the fact that I could accidently put my head through a sleeve hole.

Valued Contributor

I like the first one and the last one.  

I'm not a fan of tying anything at the waist 

Respected Contributor

I hate it.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF,   It's a Thumbs Down from me.  I don't think it is very appealing on the model.  Looks like it adds weight in the midriff area and no  woman would like that.  I like the tee shirt tied together in the front and even on the side as long as it looks good.  I mean, you look in the mirror hopefully when you are trying clothes on so you should know how it looks before you walk out the door.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Agree with @freakygirl that it draws attention to the tummy...an area I don't even like to look at myself!

@ChynnaBlue and @Bri21 picked the two Vince Camuto tops, pink and cobalt...pretty, vibrant colors...which I also liked much better than the tops with the weird puffy sleeves!  I really disliked those!  "...I could accidently put my head through a sleeve hole."  Bwahahahaha!  

@Katcat1  When I was thinner, I liked tying a boyfriend shirt in front or tying big/long tees at the side, but I couldn't do it now because too much would be going on at the tummy area.  

I like the one @dex liked...this is a pic of the whole outfit, which I love and might be able to wear if I could loosen the tie and make it a little longer...

Esteemed Contributor

@skuggles

@lolakimono