Honored Contributor

Re: Throwback to Vintage GILI

@JONNYSBRO how is it you are so privy to how much is sold, are you a former employee hoping to work full time for LR?  I think she needs to be asked about you and all this PR

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

I have this jacket. What original jacket did they get the inspiration from? I don't remember ever hearing who the designer was.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
New Contributor

I miss those days too!  I really miss "vintage"  GILI. Fortunately, I still have quite a few pieces. I really don't like the new stuff - I mean really don't.  Jill Martin is awful. Everything she "designs" I see at the mall - in the juniors section no less. It's not trendy - it's sloppy. Bring back the refined! Stop trying to put us into t-shirts, jeans, and flowered flowy pants! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

The jacket sold out early afternoon btw in all colors. It was like over 30000 jackets. Many bought them in multiple colors

@JONNYSBRO   Until you produce sales facts to back up what you posted here, I choose to not believe a word you say.  You inflate and exaggerate everything.  Why???  Your first post reminiscing about LR's jacket was a nice look down memory lane.  But why always add these embellishments, with no evidence or a way for a viewer to research such incredible inside information? 

Respected Contributor

I like this jacket.  I purchased it in Blush and Black.  To this day I enjoy wearing the jacket.  It very flattering.

Honored Contributor

i do not own this jacket because i stopped being a fan of leather clothing for myself a number of years ago. i will say though that i have a number of GILI pieces......vintage ( or OG if you have an issue with using the word vintage) and 2020 items.....and every year in between. i have found some wonderful items. the GILI line is about 8 years old now. it began in 2012. i found a reference to it and LR in this article.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/inside-qvc-semi-scripted-reality-403983

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein