Trusted Contributor
https://youtu.be/cneI5gh-iP8

This was the TSV and this was designed by the divine LR. It was the motorcycle leather jacket lisa had said ths original jacket was so expensive it would have shot their sample budget. What a gorgeous jacket this was. Shawn K bought three different colors. Lisa was such a stickler on the jacket she sent it back multiple times until she was happy. This represents everything trendy in fashion. God I miss these Q days
Super Contributor

Re: Throwback to Vintage GILI

True. This leather loving lady didn't see anything new this fall/winter season. Was hoping to see a few dresses and coats on any of the shopping channels. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to wonder if those big collars on the jackets she designed were inspired by those outfits she saw Elvis used to wear on stage in his Vegas shows. Maybe weird on my part but that's who I always thought of seeing her collar designs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember that cropped jacket.  It looked very cute on Lisa and Shawn.  It also looked terrible on Jackie, not only because she should have been wearing a larger size, but also because it was designed cropped up in the back.

Nothing wrong with that style, if you like it.  But styles evolve (and come back around as well).  I never wear tight or cropped jackets no matter the size.  That jacket was an easy pass for me even back then.  

Vintage GILI to me was always designs that were meant to be worn extremely fitted.  I purchased one fashion item during her entire tenure with GILI.  I should have returned it, but ended up donating it months later.  Nice looking items, just not for me.  

But I did love those early vintage Roma II handbags!  

Honored Contributor

Vintage?????????  How long has Gili been around?  Surely it hasn't been 20 years.  I believe "vintage" clothes and accessories are things that are 20 years old.  Perhaps eve 25 years old.

Trusted Contributor

I have seen a couple of the same jackets for sale on eBay recently.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but with the points, and that collar, it reminds me of something Dracula would wear! 🧛‍♂️ 

171AF2FC-195A-4F9F-A5F5-5F064E76127A.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
https://youtu.be/cneI5gh-iP8

This was the TSV and this was designed by the divine LR. It was the motorcycle leather jacket lisa had said ths original jacket was so expensive it would have shot their sample budget. What a gorgeous jacket this was. Shawn K bought three different colors. Lisa was such a stickler on the jacket she sent it back multiple times until she was happy. This represents everything trendy in fashion. God I miss these Q days

Do you REALLY believe that Shawn bought it in 3 colors?? That’s a sales tactic she always uses, and is not very credible, IMO. Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Sorry, but with the points, and that collar, it reminds me of something Dracula would wear! 🧛‍♂️ 

171AF2FC-195A-4F9F-A5F5-5F064E76127A.jpeg

I remember that jacket.  It looked great on LR and the models but awful on real life women who weren't so thin and didn't have a stylist.  My neighbor wore this jacket in blush.  Just a normal size 10 or 12 woman but she wore it with her usual everyday clothes and honestly, it looked dumb on her.  It was too trendy to be an everyday jacket and it didn't look good with the tunic tops she wore.  There was another lady in town who I would see out and about in that jacket and it didn't do much for her either.

Trusted Contributor

I still have the jacket and still wear it with jeans and a white t-shirt.  I like that the leather is very soft and very comfortable to wear.  I like the GILI ribbed leather jacket too.