Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thrill of the Thrift Challenge Summer '21...

Thanks @Jtdmum   Love it that you got some nice deals!  New/NWT are the best.  That Joan Boyce was gorgeous.   I almost bought it...I mean $12.50 for pete's sake!...but it was too glitzy/glam/fancy for my lifestyle.  ***Sigh***

Hi @itsmagic    That LOGO set was in excellent condition.  I didn't like the length (too long) or the asymmetrical hemline. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF  First I have to say that I love your fashion threads.  The thrift thread was great because as I stated before, I love thrifting.  I have come across many great "finds"....not just clothes. 

Anyway, in answer to your question about my jean length preference, I wear only boot cut or a slight flare.  I never wear straight leg, crop, or ankle pants.  I like them longer covering the top of my shoe, which for me is most likely wedge sandals or a bootie.  I have tried on leggings, skinny, and straight leg and I couldn't get them off fast enough.  LOL  Just personal preference.  

OT you look like you have lost weight......not that you needed to!  

Anywho, you always look great and so pulled together.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @tends2dogs :  I love the look of a boot or flare jean with a wedge. 

Personal preferences make the fashion world go 'round. I had the complete opposite feeling about jeans...I wore skinnies for so long that when I started trying wider legs, I couldn't get them off fast enough hahaha!  I now have a wider variety of jean shapes, inseams, and hem widths. 

I lost about 10-12 pounds in the first 6 weeks of lockdown (anxiety thru the roof until I remembered in Whom I trust), so I dropped a size, but have gained some back.  I used to be between med-lrg, now I'm between small-med.  I still wear my older clothes, but they fit me better now haha.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I made it 9 weeks without purchasing any clothes online or in B&M stores.  (I did buy a pair of espadrilles and a Laura Mercier translucent powder...those two and the thrifted items seen here, that's it.)

And, then...it happened. 

I couldn't pass up a white Ted Baker cashmere sweater at the Rack for an insanely good price during a flash event. 

So, technically, I failed the Challenge, but I'm happy with myself and my purchases...pictures of the rest of my thrifts to follow in separate posts. 

Esteemed Contributor

But first, some bloopers.  All three bloopers have already been re-donated.  In and out faster than a New York minute...

Blooper #1:   This linen jacket/blouse/whatever did the usual linen thang...stretch/bagged out and wrinkled like crazy.  It was well-made...beautiful details, finished inside seams...but I think the quality of the linen was inferior (if that's such a thing).  Too bad, so sad.  That's what I get for breaking my rule to "buy no-iron linen from Chico's only!"  Loss = $3

20210723_155504.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Blooper #2    It's true that a bonus of thrifting is finding a fun, unusual piece that you'd never pay big bucks for in a boutique, but this ain't it!  Too artsy for me.  Loss = $2.50   

@tends2dogs The pink wedge sandals, however, were perfect...new $2 (50% off day)...keepers!

20210823_144253.jpg

20210828_211148.jpg

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

Really enjoying your thrifting finds.  Our nicest store is still closed.

One reason I enjoy thrifting is looking for natural fibers.  Thumbs up on the B & W silk!

Thanks for sharing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Blooper #3    Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!   In my defense, I thought they'd be fine for work day around the house...maybe cheer me up while scrubbing the floor.  But, I can't/won't even wear them for drudgery!  Actually a very nice, substantial cotton, NWT...shrunk at least three inches in the wash/dry.  Loss = $1.75. 

20210723_195704.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite Challenge thrifts...Brighton handbag...also one of the most expensive thrifts ever ($25 in case you can't see it).  I bought it specifically to wear with black in summer and with my caramel colored sandals.   A bonus is I can wear some of my (few) gold jewelry pieces.

AG crops...relaxed tomboy cut...soooooo comfy!  Hello?  AG for $5...didn't need, but could not pass up.

20210827_142321.jpg

20210825_114423_2.jpg

20210825_114244_2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this Coldwater Creek cotton jacket, and I'm not even a big fan of jackets (but they're necessary in transition).  It's a great steel blue that goes well with black...I like it better with black than denim, go figure.  (This is the Tiana B jumpsuit I thrifted earlier this year.)  I probably would have stumbled on this black/blue comb eventually, but hat tip to @KaySD  for the idea.  Jacket looks great with black t-neck and black jeans, too (no brainer).  $6 - 50% off = $3

Small, square Echo silk scarf  ($5 - $1 coupon = $4).  Looks so good with most of the blues in my closet as well as light grey.

20210828_144829.jpg

20210827_105322.jpg

20210828_210312.jpg