Honored Contributor

Re: Thrill of the Thrift Challenge Summer '21...

I live rural and in a small town where the residents NEED to shop second hand and thrift stores. Fortunately I don't but I donate all of the time. Yes, I don't need anything more in my wardrobe as the OP said. So I choose to not shop where my fellow residents NEED to shop. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

MacDuff, nice outfits. Thrift shops are wonderful; one can find all kinds of neat things at great prices. I don't buy shoes at thrift shops, will instead check sales other places. 

I don't understand why someone refuses to buy used clothing. All the explanations for it don't make much sense to me, but that's their decision.  I personally think they're missing out.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF 

Honestly, you could wear a paper bag (thrifted, of course) and look fabulous! You know how to put outfits together to suit your body type. I think all the outfits are great and I especially like the RL top both tucked and untucked. The white eyelet blouse has nice visual appeal, and I also like the J Crew silk blouse for its pattern.  Keep up with your thrifting challenge, and I look forward to seeing what else you find. 
Happy shopping!

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF: Unfortunately clothing thrift stores near me are small and do not have what you and I are looking for. eBay prices are a lot more than what you are finding locally, but that has been my only option so far as I live in a less populated area.

Next month I will try a couple of local thrift boutiques for fall clothes now that my new and future sizes will afford me more choices.

Respected Contributor

You look great in all of your thrifted fashion finds!  I especially love the first RL striped top - for some reason I’m drawn to stripes. 🤔. I’ve taken plenty of things to Goodwill but have never shopped at any thrift store. I really should check them out. 

Valued Contributor

As always such an interesting post.  Love the RL sweater, both ways.  I love looking in Thrift shops.

Trusted Contributor

You look fabulous in every picture! I love thrift or resale stores. I don't have one near me anymore and I miss it. It's amazing what you can find there. 

Respected Contributor

You got some really nice items.  I've never been lucky at thrift stores or even stores like Marshalls and Ross.  I'd go in and the place(s) looks like a junk yard.  Hardly anything on the shelves.  My hairdresser only buys her sheets from Marshalls.  I've tried, I've given up.

Trusted Contributor

I love thrifting and consider it a hobby!  Enjoyed seeing your finds and look forward to seeing more treasures you uncover : )

Honored Contributor

Thrift shops are fun. My Mom and I always had fun checking out a local church thrift shop. Have never been able to go back there since she died, too difficult for me.

I still have a coral color LL Bean sweater that I got there. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"