Super Contributor

Thrifting Adventures ***PART II*** (Apr '22)...

copy from PB

I thought some of you might like to see some pieces from my favorite thrift store (a local charity thrift) that I passed up for one reason or another. Almost all of these pieces were NWT. A lot of them are Q and HSN pieces as well as pieces from brands discussed regularly on the Q boards. There was not one thing wrong with any of them except for some nearly imperceptible scuffs and slight wear on the Patricia Nash...

Talbots silk/cashmere sweater set $15...

Susan Graver

Patricia Nash

Me, back in the day

Gorgeous reversible trench made in Hong Kong...would have purchased, but too big 

All Talbots, $5 and $6

Wish I had a full pic...gorgeous silk Linea popover tunic

Who remembers this one from Bob Mackie?

The Sak...too small 

Vintage

Coldwater Creek dupioni silk...I hope whoever scored this gorgeous blouse bought the kool necklace, too

Iman

Too small 

Joan

Glass...mint condition.   I thought of two of my favorite Beatles songs (out of so many) as I posted this:  Falling and In My Life.  What song pops into your mind?

You see why I loooooove this thrift shop and why I say I have to be very, very careful or I'll end up in the same cluttered, sinking boat of a closet mess that started this whole fashionista life!

Hope you're having a wonderful week.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Thrifting Adventures ***PART II*** (Apr '22)...

I love your thrifting adventures.  Those are some really good prices. 

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF 

Your favorite Beatles songs inspired me to sing In My Life to my cat this morning.  She came up to me and nuzzled noses with me.  I guess she is a fan of that song as well. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting and for these pictures!  Amazing!  No wonder you love this shop!  What gorgeous things!  I would be in there constantly if I lived nearby. I don't know how you use any restraint at all.... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF Ooooh some nice items, great prices. I remember almost buying that JR top, and I still like it! But sz 12 would be too big for me. 

No worries if you rather not say, but I'm in CT and was hoping you were, as this consignment shop looks like such a nice one.

We do have some very nice ones in my area, and while I'm currently more in "declutter my wardrobe" mode, and my home overall, and not just bring random new things in....at some point I would like to start thrifting. I used to do it many years ago, then just haven't for years. For years I was in retail, including clothing buyer, so I was buying all new for "cost"...so I guess I just got more into that. I'm back into "thrifting mindset", though like I said, I really am trying to thin out my current wardrobe first.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, very nice things. That trench is nice, great price.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I want to go thrifting with You! Great finds. I wanted that Bob Mackie sweater back in the day, but never ordered it!

Lucky you.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

Where is this treasure trove of delights please?  It must be somewhere in NC, but I probably missed discovering the name and location in your previous posts.  Thanks for sharing the finds with us!

Super Contributor

I love thrifting, but it is easy to get carried away - at least for me. Those are good deals though.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow....what fun it would be to shop at a thrift store like this one!  The ones around here are not that nice.  I loved the Argyle sweater set and that Bob Mackie sweater.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

DH and I use to shop the Saturday early morning garage/yard sales in the mega-rich part of the county we live in and boy did we score. People getting a divorce or moving just want to get rid of their pricey stuff so lots of good deals on quality name brand items. DH would check out the tools etc and I'd head for the bags, jewelry and clothing. We always came home happy and then go to brunch to look at all out new treasures. Fun on Saturday!