Honored Contributor

Re: Thrifters and Consigment shop shoppers

@girliegal wrote:

Simply because sorting by color is probably easier for the staff, and because many of the items may not have tags on them and therefore do not have a size. I usually would not buy clothing at a thrift or consignment store, although you can find some pretty amazing things at very low prices! I do however like to purchase books or artwork and trinkets there. You never know what gem you can find.

@girliegal

Except Antique Roadshow ruined it for all of us!

lol

Honored Contributor

Anyone here know the time of year that companies most likely donate in order to benefit re: their tax write-offs? 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

It is more visually appealing to have the store olor coded in addition most ppl know what color they are attracted to then you sort and select . Simple
Honored Contributor

@Fashionistasincebirth wrote:
It is more visually appealing to have the store olor coded in addition most ppl know what color they are attracted to then you sort and select . Simple

I don't find that to be good at all. I'd rather look through the items available in my size to see if there is anything I like than wade through a ton of clothes in a color I like only to discover none are in my size so it was a complete waste of time.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I tend to do my second hand shopping at Value Village and they sort by size. My favorite find so far was an old Burberry trench coat. It was a bit musty smelling, but very cool!

Honored Contributor

I think our preferences even for things like how stores are arranged show how we are all "wired" differently. What some love others dislike.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I think our preferences even for things like how stores are arranged show how we are all "wired" differently. What some love others dislike.

@willdob3,The store has to fit our "search method"!!!