Honored Contributor

Three hosts on PM Style.....awkward

I tuned in to PMS last night and it was bizarre that they had three hosts.  It was awkward because Amy was doing the show and the other two just hanging around as usless as a third leg.  Shawn was sitting in a chair so the optics on that certainly didn't help.  If they are going to have three hosts at the same time, they should let them present different items. Rotate them.  If this was an experiment, I think it failed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Three hosts on PM Style.....awkward

@chrystaltree - I think what you saw was when Amy's time on air was over and Shawn was starting her shift on air.  I've seen it a few times where the three of them are together for a few minutes and then Amy leaves.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@chrystaltree - I think what you saw was when Amy's time on air was over and Shawn was starting her shift on air.  I've seen it a few times where the three of them are together for a few minutes and then Amy leaves.

No. I've seen the hand off too.  This was different.  It was much longer than just a few minutes.  

Contributor

I agree, and PLEASE SHOESHOPPING WITH JANE AND KOURTNEY????

Jane, its time to let QVC go! So tired of hearin gabout her daughters living in New York!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree   Agree.  For the few minutes I checked in to see what they were selling there were 4 people on including the vendor.  That is crazy!  No wonder QVC's prices are so high paying 4 people to do what 1 can.  

Respected Contributor

I think they have too many hosts on for some presentations, and all the small talk is distracting. Sometimes you just want them to get to the details of the product, but they go on and on with the jokes and stories. I get that you need a little of that to create a fun and entertaining show, but it is too much sometimes.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Valued Contributor

I thought it was a talk show...joke.  QVC is an entertainment channel, so they think and then came the 149$ blouse!.  

Esteemed Contributor

I’m still trying to figure out what they are hoping to achieve with this match up. I know sales, but this isn’t going to work. Amy is self-absorbed, and she took over. It did not work. Time for plan B!

Frequent Contributor

More than a fail - it was a joke.

Super Contributor

@ruby6332  Jane should let QVC go because you say so??  She's at the top of her game as far as QVC is concerned and it doesn't look like she is ready to retire.