Regular Contributor

Any thoughts on the Canyon Retreat line?  So far I am not impressed. 

Honored Contributor

@tervuren   In a word, disappointing.  This has already been discussed from previews, on other posts.  Much of it is recycled Denim & Co.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If it's supposed to represent Southwestern resort wear....they are "way off".   We don't have dude ranches and weinie roasts over the campfire.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I own the jacket with all the different color design.  But I don't like any of the other products.  It does look like a bunch of rejects from the 70's.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

If it's supposed to represent Southwestern resort wear....they are "way off".   We don't have dude ranches and weinie roasts over the campfire.....

We don't dress like that in Arizona. We wear just enough to not get arrested from May to September. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought perhaps Canyon Retreat might be like Sundance, but so far, Not.  I like Sundance even tho I can't afford their stuff unless it is on sale. 

I do have a shirt from Sundance (on sale) and it is of very good quality.  Really like it.

Honored Contributor

I figure this stuff is designed by people in Asia who don't have a clue what Southwestern looks like.  They ought to ask us.

They also should have picked a rep who knows something about the culture.  She started to talk about Mesa Verde then realized she didn't know anything about it and her voice just trailed off.

I thought the colors in that mesa print were drab and awful.  They could have done much better.  As a dress it was a total flop.  Soon to be on clearance.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was disappointed in the rep.  A loud girl from Georgia should not be the rep for the peaceful southwest. 

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of Southwest anything including silver, turquoise, and Southwestern jewelry. Always has looked junky to me. I realize it is very popular and many people love it.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

We don't dress like that in Arizona. We wear just enough to not get arrested from May to September. 

But the resorts tend to be elegant with mostly 4 and 5 star accomodations.

The Phoenician Scottsdale:

The Phoenician Exterior

♥Surface of the Sun♥