Honored Contributor

Re: Thought the Grammy Awards Show WOULD NEVER END

It was scheduled to be on until 11:30.  Not sure if it ended on time or not.

I don't watch any awards shows at all ever.  

Respected Contributor

I don't usually watch any awards shows, but for some reason I watched the whole thing.  Mostly with a look of WTH? on my face.  

Regular Contributor

To all those that didn't watch, you didn't miss much. But Usher's performance to a medley of Prince songs was entertaining. (don't know why this tribute to Prince since he has been gone now for almost 4 years, thought there are tributes for when someone passes in the previous year, not for years gone by)

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love Aerosmith & Steven Tyler!

Honored Contributor

The main reason l watch the awards shows is to see what the celebrities are wearing. Lately, l haven’t been impressed. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I did not understand why we had a Prince tribute, either.  I googled for a reason and got nothing.  

Some really great performances, but missing something.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

When Alicia Keyes had to change her outfits OFTEN throughout the show, I thought how long is this going to last...??? Woman LOL  I thought the timing of the Prince tribute was a bit bizarre, although I enjoyed hearing his music played.....  There were other performances that could have been shortened or eliminated to make the show shorter in length.....

There was an air of sadness surrounding the show as  performers and presenters seemed shocked and stunned by Kobe Bryant's untimely passing...and perhaps that's why there were no lengthy political speeches... I DETEST political agendas in all the award shows....They DO have a right to their beliefs, but I dont think thats the time nor the place to give their opinions .....save it for the conventions....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I actually watched the first 2 hours of it, and thought Usher did a great job, as well as Camila  Bello, and Lizzo. I wasn't impressed with Run DMC and Aerosmith, it seemed a bit all over the place.......It is definitely not my favorite award show, but it was ok. I also liked Little Nas and also I liked Blake and Gwen's song as well.......

Respected Contributor

I watched most of it but unfortunately missed Lizzo because I didn't think she'd be on so early and was still eating dinner.  So mad!  I love her.  I started tuning out when Billy Eilish starting winning WAY too many awards.  Sorry (not sorry) she did not deserve it especially with the talented people she was up against.  Usher was the biggest train wreck ever and what was up with those tragic pants?  They looked like ladies pants.  Ariana Grande did a good job, not sure whey they snubbed her so badly.  She dominated the charts for basically all of last year and gets no recognition.  I would have like to see HER win something too.  Why give all the major awards to one person?  She might suffer the Macklemore effect.  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I actually watched the first 2 hours of it, and thought Usher did a great job, as well as Camila  Bello, and Lizzo. I wasn't impressed with Run DMC and Aerosmith, it seemed a bit all over the place.......It is definitely not my favorite award show, but it was ok. I also liked Little Nas and also I liked Blake and Gwen's song as well.......

@CANDLEQUEENI dvr'd it and just got done watching it (alot of fast forward).  I am a big Aerosmith fan but it was a train wreck.  Steven Tyler couldn't sing to save his life.  I liked Blake & Gwen's song too.  I also liked the singer who sang the song to her father.  I was crying through the whole song.