Esteemed Contributor

Re: Those Geni Bras.... why oh why do they continue to sell these?

I love them. Wear them all the time. I do size up. I wear a 38DD conventional bra and I find the 1x or 2x fits me pretty well without being too tight. I just find them so comfy. For certain clothing items, of course, I need a regular bra but I do reach for a Genie pretty often.

I do toss out the foam inserts though. I would rather wear the bra without them.

Valued Contributor

I love them. I size up to a L (their size chart says I should wear a M). Super comfortable and they actually are great for sleeping. They are on the Q so often that they have to be a great seller with a big profit margin.

Valued Contributor

On 2/28/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 2/28/2014 azterry! said:
On 2/28/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 2/28/2014 azterry! said:

I am not a fan of shaping camis, so I can believe you weren't happy with them.

Several of my friends are converts to the bras after I told them about them.

I am not sure they would be great if you were extremely large busted or needed a whole lot of lift, though.

I am a 36B. Would the medium be the best fit or should I size up?

Sizing up may work for you, Gazelle. My friend is a size 0-2, but she has a 34D bra size. She wears a medium. If you are broad shouldered or wider across the back, going up a size might make you more comfortable.

I am a 36C and I go to the XL

yes, I am broad shouldered, and because of this I wear a large in the barely there brand of genie type bras. I guess if I GAVE IN and ordered I might order the large.

If you have broad shoulders or back, I would go up TWO sizes. I have read in many reviews that this works really well.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love them but for some reason the boobs part wind up around my neck.Seems like the straps are too small.Anyone know what this happens to me I do not think the size I buy is too small

Frequent Contributor

I like the Genie bras. The fit is good, and they are comfortable and supportive. It's nice to be free of some types of straps or underwires. I wear them under anything, including tees. I also wear them to the beach, almost like a sports bra, under the tank tops that have the larger arm and neck openings. I'm happy they work for me!

Super Contributor

I can't imagine anyone over an A wearing these, they look like they have absolutely no support.

Frequent Contributor

I love the ahhh bra, purchased mine on the bay, great prices there. I am a 36C and wear a medium.

Valued Contributor

It would be the same reason they sell anything...enough people buy them and they are profitable. This is the universal answer to the question about why they sell any item. QVC in the end is a profit seeking business and the bottom line is what matters. If it wasn't profitable they would discontinue.

Honored Contributor

Bad reviews? So what? Didn't we all learn long ago that dissatisfied customers are much, much more likely to write reviews than pleased buyers?

I think those bras are like anything else - companies will continue to offer them for sale until almost everyone stops buying them. In the meantime, I just ignore those presentations. They're for someone else.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Genie Bras....

As far as why the Q.continues to sell them....well the Q. sells many products that have bad reviews.....