Valued Contributor

Thos shaded icons

Does anyone know why they're here? I see that when you mouse over, the meaning becomes clear, but I don't see the point. They are everywhere, even on my email and home page. They just seemed to emerge with no explanation.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thos shaded icons

Can you be more specific? Where are the icons?

-- pro-aging --
Honored Contributor

I don't know which shaded icons you are talking about. Could you describe them and tell us what you're using to access the site? The way a page appears differs between tablets, desk/laptop computers, and phones.

Valued Contributor

I'll try to describe: I see them now on the "reply" box. Rectangular with codes: EO/2B; EO2C/EO2D; etc. etc. I am using Firefox and see them also on my homepage (for att.net) as well as on my emails.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Zita wrote:

I'll try to describe: I see them now on the "reply" box. Rectangular with codes: EO/2B; EO2C/EO2D; etc. etc. I am using Firefox and see them also on my homepage (for att.net) as well as on my emails.

@Zita, with a quick search I don't see a reference to the codes you've posted.  Are these pop-ups? 

I'd suggest clearing cookies and cache (in Preferences/Privacy/Cookies), quit Firefox and relaunch it. 

Be sure you're running the current version (v. 39.0) and all addons/extentions are up-to-date. 

If that doesn't help, see if another browser shows the same strange pop-ups. 

You might need to run a scan on your computer for malware.

(eta:  What "meaning" do you see when you mouse over them?)

⭐️“He drew a circle that shut me out. Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win: we drew a circle that welcomed him in.” ~E. Markham ⭐️

Valued Contributor

How bizarre! the icons don't show up in Chrome. The messages were things like "next" and "delete"  

I am running Norton and another anti-malware program on Firefox. Don't think it's a virus. Just annoying.

Respected Contributor

@Zita, I'm using Firefox too, and I don't see any of the "icons" that you are describing.  Maybe ask this question over in the Electronics forum?

Honored Contributor

Zita wrote:

How bizarre! the icons don't show up in Chrome. The messages were things like "next" and "delete"  

I am running Norton and another anti-malware program on Firefox. Don't think it's a virus. Just annoying.

@Zita, did you check the other things I mentioned?  I use Firefox as my usual browser, with Chrome and Safari for troubleshooting.  I've never seen anything like the things you describe.

⭐️“He drew a circle that shut me out. Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win: we drew a circle that welcomed him in.” ~E. Markham ⭐️

Valued Contributor

Thank you for all your help and suggestions. Think I will hit the electronics forum to see it I can get more answers.

Cheers, everyone!