Honored Contributor

Thornton Balloon Sleeve Sweater

by MadeWell.  $98 40% off now $58.80.  XXS to 3X.  60% wool, 40% Polyamide.  Dry clean.  Also comes in dark green, burgundy and black.  Nordstrom.  V neck.  I choose this picture to show you the length.

MADEWELL Thornton Balloon Sleeve Sweater, Alternate, color, HEATHER FOG

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Thornton Balloon Sleeve Sweater

Where a the front view?  Who'd but something after just seeing the back?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I was just at Madewell buying a Gift card for my niece!  I love their clothes, conservative but stylish.  There were quite a few sweaters which caught my eye.  Despite not seeing the front, I can tell this is a lovely look and typical of Madewell's clothes. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I think this is the front of it

Image result for thornton balloon sleeve sweater

"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time"
Terry Tempest Williams
Honored Contributor

I would like it in black, it's ageless.

Respected Contributor

Dry clean, no thanks.

Honored Contributor

@lmtep wrote:

Dry clean, no thanks.

@lmtep @KatCat1 @blackhole99 @Bird mama 

Their clothing reminds me of some of the Liz Claiborne from the 1980s and 1990s.  I love Madewell and I have a couple Liz fisherman sweaters that still look good.  I wear them very infrequently but they always look good, so much better than the ones I recently purchased from Chico's.  What happened to clothing that went abroad is that we are paying the price but not getting the quality.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Go to the website if you are really interested and want to see the front.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Last winter, JCP had a similar style sweater. Difference is turtleneck vs. V neckline. I think I bought every colorJCP sold! JCP version is machine washable.

Love that sleeve shape. We used to call it a “bishop’s sleeve.” I’ve made sweaters with that sleeve.
Honored Contributor

A couple years ago I but several shades of a balloon-type sweater on sale at The Loft. The sleeve was not balloon-ish. Very nice.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland