Honored Contributor

I've seen plenty of panty lines with thongs. As Trix said you have to be very careful wearing them under knits and thin fabrics. I sat behind someone in church who was wearing a white knit skirt and was obviously wearing a thong. I was in the grocery store and saw a woman walking out in a thinner material pair of pants and her butt was wiggling and jiggling like a bowl of jello but you could see a line right at her hip area so I'm guessing she was wearing a thong.

I've unfortunately seen many ladies in low rise jeans wearing a thong that is hanging out the top of the jeans when they sit and half their backside is exposed when they are seated as well.

Respected Contributor

this discussion comes up pretty regularly. I love my thongs and will never go back. Despite all the naysayers and people who go on and on about how unhealthy they are, I've worn them for 25 years now and no infections or diseases.

Respected Contributor

Thongs, leggings, etc. should all come with the requirement that you check out the view from behind before leaving home. If you think it looks wonderful, remember "It Ain't Necessarily So".

Respected Contributor

They often show out of your jeans, or thru yoga pants, it is darn right unattractive when people don't wear clothes that fit and then to have to endure their undergarments (this can be said for baggy jeans in men too..)

I often wonder DO PEOPLE NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE HOUSE?

Respected Contributor

Thongs have been out for 25-years? I didn't know that lol

Super Contributor
On 4/3/2014 CouponQueen said:

They often show out of your jeans, or thru yoga pants, it is darn right unattractive when people don't wear clothes that fit and then to have to endure their undergarments (this can be said for baggy jeans in men too..)

I often wonder DO PEOPLE NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE HOUSE?

People who show off the top of their thongs know it and it is on purpose, as with bras a little while back, though short-lived ... THANK GOODNESS.

Thongs are so uncomfortable for me, regardless of size. Some are very pretty (in lace). But, they are best left on the display in the stores, instead of on me. Smiley Surprised)

Respected Contributor
On 4/3/2014 CouponQueen said:

Thongs have been out for 25-years? I didn't know that lol

Actually for even longer than that. When I was 20 I started wearing them. That was nearly 26 years ago now.

Super Contributor

There are times I wear them, not daily but sometimes with a legging or with lighter white pants or shorts but they must be a nude tone. The trick to comfort is going up a size. This will give a higher waist too.

Super Contributor
On 4/2/2014 sparklestar said:

Really gazelle, how do you come up with these topics.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I don't wear them. I could not stand how it would feel. I think they are unsanitary and I've seen women wear them for one purpose; that being, low jeans so you can see what you're wearing. Advertising yourself (IMO).

I just came from an era where bikini panties were the thing and about as small as you would go...... then these 20 year olds are showing off there thong undies out from the back of their tight jeans and I was wondering what was up?? I think they are also unsanitary...

Trusted Contributor

I've tried thong underwear, don't like it in the least. I wear One Smooth U No Line, No Slip hipsters by Bali. I like them because they're comfortable & don't leave a VPL. (I check my rear view when I wear something snug & haven't seen anything)