Honored Contributor

This surprises me- what's your take?

I tuned in to see SG on with Alberti.  I don't, as a rule, watch her shows unless there is nothing else on or I have background noise on while I'm doing something else.

After so many years on the Q, I'm surprised that she has not branched into footwear collections, as others have- Isaac, Aimee K., even Judith Ripka.

Do you think it's because she mostly wears high end footwear?

In the past five years, she has expanded to accessories/jewelry, so why not shoes?  Too many returns?

I'm curious what others think.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: This surprises me- what's your take?

it's not her expertise.  and considering how many ill-fitting shoes we have all bought over the years, i think that expertise does count.  also she is a house brand so wonder if Q has no interest.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a shoe line called Jubilee years ago. I believe if I remember correctly it was Susan Graver. I owned four pair and they were some of the best flats I ever had. I had a turquoise pair, a red pair, a royal blue pair and a black pair. I just threw them out several years ago as they fell apart being so old. I wish "someone" would bring us a comfortable pair of flats that weren't over $40.00. Her shoes at the time were around $29.99 and I miss them. I didn't wear them every day but loved having the colors that matched my clothes. You don't see reds, royal blue, turquoise, yellows, or gold and silver. I had a pair of gold flats that went with just about everything I wore. Always got compliments on the shoe colors. Anyone know of any brands similar to these plain color flats?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She claims to be "vegan" but she wears leather shoes.Woman Frustrated

If she brought faux leather shoes to this network I think they would be run off. jmho

Esteemed Contributor

Susan is getting older and maybe she is trying to stick w/what she knows.  I think she's doing better than okay where she's at

Respected Contributor

There must be some reason.  LOL

Maybe the price point would have been too high.  Or she couldn't design something with the word "comfort" in it. 

Honored Contributor

Never even considered Susan doing shoes.  And while she's the only QVC clothing line I've ever successfully ordered, I would not try shoes if she did go there.

I have all kinds of foot problems and while I like her personal shoe choices, they have absolutely nothing to do with what I have to wear to be comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

My guess is she has enough going on with the clothing.  She has a broader line than the other vendors.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

she's probably afraid she would have to wear them!

Honored Contributor

I think it's because she doesn't have too.  The designers who are offering shoes and handbags aren't designing those items.  That is not their area of expertise.  They partner with shoe and handbag manufacturers and put their label on them and split the profit.  SG obviously doesn't feel the need to do that.  She's making millions of dollars a year by selling fashions.  She's sticking with what she knows and what she does best.  As for the jewelry, that makes sense.  Women are buying jewelry to go with their clothes and she cuts out the middleman, she buys directly from jewelry manufactuers and chooses pieces that coordinate with her clothes.