Esteemed Contributor

Re: This surprises me- what's your take?

It's never crossed my mind.

Honored Contributor

SG has the market cornered on polyester clothing and makes a very nice living, I'm sure.   I'm betting she doesn't want to have to work any harder than she probably is already.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono Thanks for the photos. I guess I shop so much on QVC and HSN that I never ventured out to check further. It is almost that you have to try things on now to get shoes to fit us. Thanks for the heads up. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Maybe it's because she is not a shoe designer and is content with what she does best.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

She is probably not interested in selling shoes.  Gotta go, this World Series game is tied 6 to 6 and very tense.Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think designing shoes is a whole different beast from designing clothes. Understand that most "names" use a specific shoe company and though they may have some input, it's really just their name placed on the product in the end. A good shoe is not easy to design.

I stick to specific brands as I know my size and I know their fit are always the same. I watch and chuckle as many "designers" talk about their shoes and you can quickly see they are clueless about their product. Yep, their name is on it but they didn't design it.

If she feels she can't do shoes justice, then I have a lot of respect for her. Perhaps other designers should take a page from her book.