Respected Contributor

Re: This "new today" top is just my style...

[ Edited ]

@Trudeywrote:

@Nightowlzwrote:

@Trudeywrote:

@Nightowlz  I was wondering if the fabric could be listed wrong, since it says "stretch" in the title.  

@Trudey Well Rayon is stretchy. Since it says stretch crinkle gauze I think cotton when I see gauze. If it's that type fabric I would probably like it but would prefer some cotton to it.

@Nightowlz Does 100% rayon shrink?  I've had rayon/spandex blends, but never 100% rayon.

Yes. At least, that has been my experience. I've had rayon tops shrink a full size, when washed in cold water and hung to dry.

These days, if I buy something that's all rayon, I plan on sending it to the cleaners. I have an eco-friendly cleaners I use.

When rayon is mixed with other fabric, like cotton or polyester, it seems to stabilize it. I have never had a rayon blend shrink when washed. 

In theory, rayon fabric (100% rayon) should be preshrunk before sewing the garment. But manufacturers aren't doing that. 

Respected Contributor

@Trudeywrote:

http://www.qvc.com/Belle-by-Kim-Gravel-Embroidered-Stretch-Top.product.A303578.html

I love this modified "peasant" style and the colors are beautiful.  In a sea of cold shoulders and bell sleeves, I was thrilled to see this.  I really like the embroidery, sleeves and length.  I ordered two colors...poppy and twilight.  The poppy color in this line is so pretty and flattering.  I own several Belle by Kim Gravel tops and I find the fit and quality to be great.

I love this style of peasant top. It never goes out of style. Very pretty, OP.

Talbots always has something like this in their summer collections.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it, but wish didn’t have 3/4 sleeves. Which is funny, because I just bought Logo’s A302428 and will likely end up pushing up the sleeves! I kind of prefer the straight bottom of the OP’s versus the Logo. It’s not as casual looking (plus less expensive!)
Honored Contributor

@peachesncreamwrote:

@Trudeywrote:

@Nightowlzwrote:

@Trudeywrote:

@Nightowlz  I was wondering if the fabric could be listed wrong, since it says "stretch" in the title.  

@Trudey Well Rayon is stretchy. Since it says stretch crinkle gauze I think cotton when I see gauze. If it's that type fabric I would probably like it but would prefer some cotton to it.

@Nightowlz Does 100% rayon shrink?  I've had rayon/spandex blends, but never 100% rayon.

Yes. At least, that has been my experience. I've had rayon tops shrink a full size, when washed in cold water and hung to dry.

These days, if I buy something that's all rayon, I plan on sending it to the cleaners. I have an eco-friendly cleaners I use.

When rayon is mixed with other fabric, like cotton or polyester, it seems to stabilize it. I have never had a rayon blend shrink when washed. 

In theory, rayon fabric (100% rayon) should be preshrunk before sewing the garment. But manufacturers aren't doing that. 

@peachesncream Yes most of the time it will shrink.

The tops I have are a blend of cotton/rayon/spandex. They did not shrink. I wash them in cold water & throw in the dryer. I don't have any that are 100% Rayon.

All manufacturers should wash the fabrics so they are preshrunk. Your right they are not doing that.

Valued Contributor

Any advice on sizing...i am Medium in D&C & SG, stay with that or size up??
I don’t own tape measure so can’t measure :-))
Honored Contributor

Rayon fabric wrinkles terribly so this shirt might require a good ironing before wearing after laundering.  I think $59. is way too much money for this shirt.  For instance, Bob Mackie has beautifully embroidered shirts for less money and no ironing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@HB glamma  I wear my normal size medium in Kim Gravel's tops.  I have broad shoulders and a full bust, but narrow hips.  I like to have room in my tops.  If you are smaller through your shoulders and bust, you may be able to go down a size.  I find that this line is designed perfectly for my "V" shaped body.  I wear a medium in almost every top that I order from QVC and wear size 6 in pants.  I hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  If I like the tops when I receive them, I may send them to the Dry Cleaners.  Bob Mackie does have some beautiful tops, but they never look good on me...they are a little boxy and short for my body type.  I read an article by Martha Stewart...said 100% rayon with embroidery is best dry cleaned to prevent shrinking and color bleeding.

Valued Contributor

@Trudey, thank you! This is helpful!
Respected Contributor

I'm glad I got to see this top presented and I think my normal size, medium, is the right size for me (Kim was wearing Large and Leah was wearing XL).  It looked so pretty on everyone.  Glad I ordered two colors.  For anyone interested, the video is available.