Regular Contributor

Re: This is just my opinion don’t attack me we all have our own opinions

The lady is correct.  It is her opinion and guess what she's entitled to it.  Just like you are.  Why people think they need to give her elementary advice because she has an opinion is beyond reason.    If you don't like her opinion then don't read it, that's elementary advice to you.  Geesh,  and maybe it's not her opinion but it's maybe her observation.  I see so many frequent and honored contributors who seem to think it is their job to critique others as though they are under some obligation to do so.  Other people's points of view are interesting, if you don't agree with them, just move on.

Honored Contributor

You can always just pull up the program guide, click on the one(s) you want to see items in, no chatter going on there.

Trusted Contributor

KG's clothing line is WAY OVERPRICED and NOTHING SPECIAL.

Super Contributor

@FranandZoe 

Same here.  Awhile ago, I purchased a long sleeve pullover sweater in a gray animal print to go with light gray pants.  It looked pretty online but, like you said, it was so thin you could see through it when held up to the light.  Never bought another piece from her again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If someone gives an opinion,  which the OP certainly did, then every other poster may opine on that opinion. 

That's just the way forums work.  Be prepared for dissent and contrary views.  Posting your opinion doesn't mean consensus only opinions are allowed.  There will always be opinions about opinions, as there should be.

Respected Contributor

She is a vendor that I don't care for. Her voice, her antics, her silliness, and I just don't care for her clothing line. So she is an easy pass for me with my viewing time.

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I do not pretend to know how QVC works, but I am going to guess that a vendor pays for their time on air. So those that you are seeing a lot can pay for the time. Of course lines owned by QVC also get much air time. I always check "new" items for the day and their are many lines who do not get air time. I guess it is ok with them to just appear on the website. Remember this is a business that caters to the masses. The best thing to do is not watch or buy if you are upset by price or who is selling. I find most of QVC prices are in line to what and wear I shop. Everyone has a different budget. 

I don't know about QVC but you are right about how these partnerships generally work. I've worked in marketing/media/PR in tech for decades. The more exposure the brand gets, the more expensive it is for them. Of course, they probably have package deals over multiple mediums (web banners, TV, TSV, popups). The house brands (Graver, IM, Denin & Co, etc.) seem to get the most visibility, which makes sense. I wonder if they are having difficulty selling the TSV spots. This may be why it's all the big brands (Dyson, Laz Boy) or the house brands.

Trusted Contributor

Back when she was first on Q I used to buy her cosmetics, even bought 2 pairs of her leggings that I love. But in the past year I have bought a few more pieces of clothing and they have gone back, they felt like they came from the dollar store. . . which is fine if they are priced that way but they were certainly not. Now when I see her I immediately change the station, I don't care what she is selling I no longer trust her.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

I seldom watch anymore. Like others have stated I shop the website. I look for certain items like Women In Control or I check out Items Recently On Air.

Sometimes, when I find something I like, I go online to the manufacturer's website & get a better deal & free shipping & returns.I do this with Clark's quite a bit. They have some good sales .

QVC did away with the designers I liked,one of which was Louis Del'olio.Another was Mark Bouwer. SG, Isaac & D&C aren't what they used to be.Now Laurie Felt is discontinuing her line. I'm not sure what's left for me.

Honored Contributor

And now she is selling her book. I feel that her prices are too high and the quality has deteriorated. Just my opinion.