Honored Contributor

Re: This is just my opinion don’t attack me we all have our own opinions

I was surprised to see another TSV from her today when I checked in since we just had those ill-fitting shorts (to me) on the day before yesterday so I thought the same thing. 

It's sad to have to apologize before giving your opinion on here but I understand why people do though I'm not sure it helps. 

Honored Contributor

@stateofmichigan I like some of Kim's tops (not a fan of the TSV) as well as some Susan Graver and Logo....but it really depends on the top or pants.  I'm petite and the Q offers lots of petites. 

I don't feel like hunting for clothes in a B&M store.  Often if I see something that I like in person they won't have it in my size or the color that I want.  The Q usually offers many sizes & colors.

Contributor

I know who you are talking about, IM. I laughed when he said that

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stateofmichigan   Days when there are TSVs of anything seem especially ponderous with non-stop of the same product.  I think normally there is not an over -supply of Belle programming, not nearly as much as Josie or Barefoot Dream which seem to be on daily.

The Belle line seems to be mostly jeans and tees, always in the same colors.  Very boring.  Kim herself is very charismatic and seems to keep her audience well entertained and riveted to their TVs .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I do not pretend to know how QVC works, but I am going to guess that a vendor pays for their time on air. So those that you are seeing a lot can pay for the time. Of course lines owned by QVC also get much air time. I always check "new" items for the day and their are many lines who do not get air time. I guess it is ok with them to just appear on the website. Remember this is a business that caters to the masses. The best thing to do is not watch or buy if you are upset by price or who is selling. I find most of QVC prices are in line to what and wear I shop. Everyone has a different budget. 

Respected Contributor

I like Kim and the line is probably my favorite offered at the Q. I have a lot of it and rarely feel like I overspend. I don’t think she’s on more than anyone else, but if you think that you probably watch more than I do.

As for the striped tshirt dress from yesterday, it had a very Kate Spade vibe. A Kate Spade dress like that could easily run to the $350 range.
Valued Contributor

I agree the prices have gone up, but they have everywhere.  But what I notice is the quality has gone down.  And just simmple stuff, caftans with no shape, tunics, nothing stylish.  But then, have you been to the grocery store lately?  PJ's, sloppy sweat suits, ugh!

Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA - So many times in the past I've heard a host or vendor say "If you bought this anywhere else, you could put another 1 (or 2,3,4) in front of that price!"  And once I heard a host say you could put 2 more digits in front - in other words it would cost over a thousand dollars.

I just burst out laughing.  No...it would not cost that much anywhere else and it's ridiculous to say that just to sell an item.

These aren't one-off items (or even low numbers).  They're mass-produced and even though I'm happy with most things I've gotten over the years, I'm not gullible enough to think someone would pay an inflated price for them.

(But just in case there are people who pay those prices, I have quite a lot that I'd sell.)  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

I don't buy things from Kim's line, because other brands (Candace C. Bure, for example) fit my petite/short figure much better. One thing that is quite bothersome recently is the hard sell. Yesterday I was watching, and one of the vendors (will remain anonymous, because many vendors & hosts do this) said that a simple cotton striped dress would be $300 anywhere else. The next presentation, the same vendor said the same dress would be $350 other places! It is truly laughable (especially while viewing an extremely simple dress (looked like a beach coverup). 

I agree @Jeanne from VA the put a 1 or 3 in front of the price out in retail is ridiculous. They are just playing with words.

When selling a purse with a chain the host said a bag like this out there would cost over $1000.

Yes, the Channel bag would cost way more than $1000, the QVC bag would not.

Same goes for the clothing items. I don’t care if the seams line up. The items do not compare to their high-end counterparts.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Jeanne from VA - So many times in the past I've heard a host or vendor say "If you bought this anywhere else, you could put another 1 (or 2,3,4) in front of that price!"  And once I heard a host say you could put 2 more digits in front - in other words it would cost over a thousand dollars.

I just burst out laughing.  No...it would not cost that much anywhere else and it's ridiculous to say that just to sell an item.

These aren't one-off items (or even low numbers).  They're mass-produced and even though I'm happy with most things I've gotten over the years, I'm not gullible enough to think someone would pay an inflated price for them.

(But just in case there are people who pay those prices, I have quite a lot that I'd sell.)  Woman Wink

@Venezia Your comment made me smile. Just another sale's tactic many use, like saying, "You can get this home for $14.98. Yes, $14.98 x 4! I have to admit that the partial price does sound much better. 😊