Honored Contributor

Re: This is just my opinion don’t attack me we all have our own opinions

I am picky about my clothing.  It has to be well made with natural fabrics before I am even interested.

From what I have observed, most of QVC 's clothing is polyester ( made from petroleum).  In addition, prints and patterns do not match up at the seams.

I would never even begin to buy an item with such poor quality.

I noticed that Kim's patterned items are matched at the seams.  This is a sign of a well made high quality item.  It costs more money to make clothing like this.

Kim also has some, but not all items in natural fabrics or natural fabric blends.  Again, more expensive to make.

When buying clothing, you need to compare apples to apples.  You will pay more for a better made item.

Now, not everyone cares if seams match up or if they are buying plastic clothing.  If you are not looking for quality, there are items that are cheaply made available...some for less money and some overpriced.

There is something for everyone.

Respected Contributor

I bought a cardigan from her line that was tissue-paper thin.  No more.

Trusted Contributor

@stateofmichigan Everyone has a right to their opinion. There are many here that love Kim and some that don't. I am one that really enjoys watching Kim Gravel shows. She makes me laugh. I do own a couple of things of hers. I've kept everything I have ordered but my favorites are her dresses and her flexibelle's.

And, I don't find her on all the time. She is offering a TSV so will be on most of the day as are other vendors that have a TSV. They'll be another TSV tomorrow, probably a fan or something. You will probably see less apparel. 

QVC does have its brands they focus on the most, Isaac, Susan Graver, Denim & Co., WWC, etc. So many different brands, but, when you don't care to watch a particular host or vendor it does seem that they are on more frequently than we want.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch very often anymore.  I typically will search for an item on the website and if I'm considering buying it I will watch the video to see the presentation.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

IMO, Kim is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other vendors & compared to many of the hosts. In the world of retail merchandise that sells well gets more prominent billing.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy things from Kim's line, because other brands (Candace C. Bure, for example) fit my petite/short figure much better. One thing that is quite bothersome recently is the hard sell. Yesterday I was watching, and one of the vendors (will remain anonymous, because many vendors & hosts do this) said that a simple cotton striped dress would be $300 anywhere else. The next presentation, the same vendor said the same dress would be $350 other places! It is truly laughable (especially while viewing an extremely simple dress (looked like a beach coverup). 

Respected Contributor

I don't think she's on any more than the other QVC owned brands...which are all on way too much.

Valued Contributor

I'm just so glad today is not Halo Bolt, Dyson vacuum, a Scott or Serta mattress, etc.  Saturdays are almost always a no watch for me.  One I cannot watch and will not, is Candace Cameron Bure.  The day she had the TSV was a no go at all.  I bought Kim's previous TSV dress in Sandy Palms and absolutely adore it.  She has a definite schtik, but I can handle it.  Amy is probably my favorite host, so that's good.  In addition, I'm stuck in dreadful weather the entire holiday weekend, so it helps.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree. Furthermore, the clothing on here has become extremely overpriced. I used to buy most of my clothing on the Q back in the nineties and early 2000s, but no more. I can go to stores like Marshalls and try them on and get a very nice quality top or bottoms for $16.99.

I miss the variety and prices the Q used to have.

Honored Contributor

@stateofmichigan wrote:

HeartIn the title of this post I stated this is just my opinion I know I'm going to get a lot of feedback on this......again this is just my opinion.

I have been shopping less and less it QVC because I feel this has become the Kim Gravel network. 
Again, my opinion,  I think some of her clothing is nice, but the majority is just overpriced clothing. You can find anywhere else she likes to dazzle viewers with  buzz words like Boutique Fashion and High End. 
QVC is in the process of many changes with hosts and vendors. But filling air time with Belle is annoying when there are many great items on line that never make it to air but I have to see flexabell denim jean shorts  (UGH, Jean shorts....really?) 6 or 7 time a day

@stateofmichigan 

Well, it IS a shopping channel, not a network TV show.  If you want to watch just shopping shows, do you ever check out HSN or ShopHQ?

Seems to me that over the years QVC has promoted various vendors (and items) to the point of serious excess.  Several years ago, Bruce Makowsky was on weekly and had a TSV just about every few weeks.  Women would call in and say they had about FIFTY of his handbags and rave about them.  (Really???)  Back then, he became the annoying vendor.

So if you don't like Kim, rest assurred ... in the near future it will be someone else who gets excessive coverage.