Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

If I were 15 and ALL THE GIRLS were getting them........

@violann

You win for best reply!!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

And, you can wear it in the winter under another jacket!

Honored Contributor

As someone else said, these aren't outerwear jackets.  These are meant to be part of someone's outfit.  I actually think the second one is cute but not something I'd buy for myself or wear.  I'm not into leather clothing.     

Honored Contributor

I like the first one.   It's definitely not outerwear but I don't think it's trying to be. Reminds me of Olivia Newton John. 

I'd love to see it with a collared shirt underneath, maybe romantic style neckline with ruffles as a contrast. Hmmm....

Honored Contributor

Those are for fashionistas who are going out to a club or something.  They aren't for everyday wear.  

Honored Contributor

It's not my style, but I think with the right jean or skirt, it would make an interesting and "cool" outfit. 

Honored Contributor

A great example of trusting your style instincts, your money and just say "No"!

Honored Contributor

IMO, it is just another example of designers desperate to come up with something different, no matter how ridiculous it is. Also an example of how some women will wear anything if they are told it is in style. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse

Exactly! If anyone is donning that 'jacket' against the bitter cold they're a few fries short of happy meal!

I don't do strapless and a leather shirt in Miami just isn't very practical (considering what it probably costs!) but I guarantee my husband would like it!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The way I saw one woman wearing an OTS jacket here was with a crisp white collared shirt with the cuffs extra-long so they were nearly covering her hands. She had on a fairly large statement necklace, too. It looked a little odd at first but then I realized that was the style.

@SilleeMee,I've seen this too.  It's an interesting look.