Honored Contributor

They seem to be pushing this belt as the latest and greatest thing.....I think it is dated  Looking and I see no one wearing it  anywhere. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think I have the body type for it, but I actually like it.

Respected Contributor

I don't see anyone wearing it either. But I finally ordered one, actually two, and they are nice. I got it when it was a TSV.  I think the style is pretty timeless as far as a belt that I will wear with a dress or tunic top. 

Honored Contributor

my mom bought two a couple of weeks ago.....and they look really nice on her. i may have to play around to see how they look on me. we have totally different body types though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I wore those leather obi type belst in the 1980s - it looked good on me - but I was in my 20s and had an hourglass figure at the time

Valued Contributor

I do not think they are slimming at all. I was looking at the models and I did not like how any of them looked. I thought it made them look heavier.

Respected Contributor

I think obi belts are classics, they've been around forever.  I don't think belts go in and out of style.  But not everyone can wear an obi, you have to have a well defined waist and a flat stomach to work an obi belt.  I own 4 of the Gili obi belts; two for winter and two pastels for spring/summer.  I like to belt my maxi dresses.

Super Contributor

Oh man, this belt has been pushed for months now, LOL.

I like the idea of it, most of the colors offered, and the way it looks when properly styled on a model (that it looks good on), but sadly it doesn't work for me. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

How do you sit down with this belt on? I would think it would cut into your waist...ouch!!!

Contributor

I agree they just can't sell this.....