Esteemed Contributor

Re: This Color Is Called Muir Wood

First thing I thought of was Redwoods too.   Those are the most magnificent trees I've ever seen in my life.  Anyway, yes it does remind me a lot of burnt sienna.  I have  a couple of clothing items in a very similar shade of this.  I like the styles, very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9.  I bet it was named after John Muir, the naturalist.

@Kachina624 Yes it was!  We took a walking tour and it was very interesting...of course my group (DH, kids & relatives) had to take the "extended walk" where it can drop down suddenly off of the side of a trail.  I was so worried since DH has bad balance issues.

Honored Contributor

They can call it a stupid name if they want,  it's brown to me.  Coco Brown would have been more descriptive since it's brown with a redish undertone.  Like the canned cocoa we use for cooking.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely love that color....wish QVC would use it with some of their fashions..

Trusted Contributor

Rosewood. I have that Logo color too
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Thank you for the info.

When a color is given a "fashion" name, it's impossible to know what you have.  I have no idea why it is done.

The only way to understand color is to speak in the language of the color wheel.

Agree... Or at least speak in the language of the big, big box of crayons... Smiley Wink

Image result for crayola crayon burnt sienna

In my pantry with my cupcakes...