Super Contributor

This Cheryl Burke line is nothing special and over priced at that

Over priced nothing special workout wear. I do not understand who would purchase this when Walmart has it just as good and much cheaper.

Honored Contributor

Re: This Cheryl Burke line is nothing special and over priced at that

It looks like stuff some buyer purchased for her at the factories in China.

Same old, same old!

Esteemed Contributor

Is this based on your having ordered and received any of it?

I'd be curious to hear from someone how it compares in terms of fabric and fit to Lululemon on which I'd venture to say it's based.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I don't know about Wal Mart workout wear because I don't buy apparel there, and I haven't bought any workout wear in a long time except for some boot cut Yummie leggings. But I noticed some very nice workout wear at JCP this weekend while shopping for my sister. You can't beat JCP sales, either. I don't think the price is out of line if it is comparable to Athleta or Lululemon, but that's a big "if." And then of course there is the tax and shipping and handling surcharge, which adds at least $10 to every item, and potentially $20 or more to every order.

Super Contributor

Did you ever buy "much cheaper" workout wear? After a few washings, you can tell it was "much cheaper." I once bought some stuff at Old Navy ... never again.

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 gardensla said:

Is this based on your having ordered and received any of it?

I'd be curious to hear from someone how it compares in terms of fabric and fit to Lululemon on which I'd venture to say it's based.

Just looking at the style.. I see it everywhere. Someone puts their name on it and it doubles in price.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a pair of bootcut tights from Cheryl Burke's previous line close to 8 yrs ago. Very thick & heavy. No see-thru & stays put...and after numerous wearing, still going strong. I've purchased Danskin tights from Walmart...NOT the same thing. I haven't purchaed Lulu, but could see where the comparisons would be made w/ her line vs LuLu.

Honored Contributor

looks the same and is expensive - I'm leaving on the shelf. All this 'active wear' now out there. Back in my day it was called sweats or workout clothes. There is a difference between 'regular' clothes' and 'workout' clothes. If you're buying 'active' wear, does it make you more active? Does it make you work out in your own home? Does it make you go to the gym and wear it, or make you want to join a gym and wear it? I'm thinking no to all of these questions. So why buy active wear at extremely high prices just to make yourself feel 'good'. IMO it's all high priced gym clothes. I would wear these only in/around my house. I do not go out in public looking like I go to the gym. I work out in my basement so I wear whatever I want to wear and since I work out around 530A-545A, I still have my PJs on so that's what I work out in. No one is the wiser, I don't care, and I feel good, look good because I'm building up my muscles. I'm pretty sure I do not NEED anyone's active wear at high price points to do this.

Esteemed Contributor

I practice Yoga every evening and always buy the danskin brand. Very affordable and I purchase them at Targets. The ones being shown on QVC are too expensive for active wear and I saw nothing special about them.

Trusted Contributor

I just looked at them. No way! I agree, it's just like stuff you can find locally (think Walmart, Target, etc)

I, like Matty6, have some Danskin items from Walmart and they are just what I wanted in work out wear, comfy, affordable.