Regular Contributor

Re: This Antthony guy on HSN

yes he has been on HSN a very long time and way back he designed jewelry, in fact, I still have some of his earrings...he is fun to watch and I do have a couple of his items which I have gotten compliments galore.  I'm not a fan of most of his fashions, but for him, he is flamboyant and has the greatest personality.  I love watching him...

Honored Contributor

.As long as I can remember, he would be on.  His clothes are not for me.  Never bought any of his stuff.  Not my taste.  Lots poly stuff (like Graver) but not as conservative. Very flamboyant personality.  Reflects in his clothes.

Honored Contributor

sweet and talented person

Love looking at his costumes which he makes himself (i am pretty sure),

but what I really respect is that he knows his customer and is true to her, has not changed to follow what some bean counter thinks is needed,  and good for HSN for allowing that 

check out his Instagram 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if he dresses that way ONLY on air or is that his permanent self.  I guess we are all entitled to wear what we want.  

I am the one WHO PUTs THE CLOTHES ON THE BED for hubby to wear when we go out someplace of importance.  I am thinking.... Would he wear whatever I laid out if it looked THAT WAY?? Gives me an idea..... I hope I live throught the week.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchmarx. We get you don’t approve of his style but people are usually more than the clothes they wear. He happens to be a genuinely nice guy and women love his clothes apparently because he’s been on HSN forever
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As @RoughDraft  said you take a look at some of his couture pieces.  It was also mentioned by @sunshine 919  that he has designed special occasion gowns for HSN hosts.  I believe the wedding gown tally is multiple hosts, and he also designed Bobby Ray Carter's daughter BNicole's wedding gown.  That says a lot about Antthony as a designer and also about how pleasant an experience it must be to work with him. 

I like that he's not worried about who is impressed with his outfits and wears whatever ensemble his mood desires on air. His mother was with him on Mother's Day weekend and she's still fabulous.  I believe he has often told the story of how his first yearn to sew was to make things for his mother. 

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@Grouchmarx. We get you don’t approve of his style but people are usually more than the clothes they wear. He happens to be a genuinely nice guy and women love his clothes apparently because he’s been on HSN forever

I'm sorry but I must correct you, I don't disapprove of his style in the slightest, I was simply asking if there was a backstory or something to explain the flamboyant outfits.  I am an extremely liberal and open minded person and a crazy outfit does not offend me in the slightest! I just wanted to get some feedback on why he dresses that way since I didn't know anything about him.  He seems like a very nice person and I have learned he has such a loyal fanbase.  No mean intentions here.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

"This Anthony guy" ?   Really?   You never watched HSN before?   He's been with HSN for 25 years and he also sells on QVC UK and has his how design company.  He's a real fashion designer, with education and training;  he studied and worked with Yves St. Laurent.  He does indeed reinvent his self periodically and his costumes are his trademark.  His customers love him.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

"This Anthony guy" ?   Really?   You never watched HSN before?   He's been with HSN for 25 years and he also sells on QVC UK and has his how design company.  He's a real fashion designer, with education and training;  he studied and worked with Yves St. Laurent.  He does indeed reinvent his self periodically and his costumes are his trademark.  His customers love him.

I've honestly only seen him a few times over the years.  Perhaps he's been on during hours I don't watch.  

Respected Contributor

Anyone who dresses like this man expect people to talk about him.  That's not entertaining for me, but if he makes some of you buy his clothing by looking like a clown, good for him.  A sales hype that works.  Imagine that.  His design styles are not my taste at all.  These kind of shows, along with celebrity backed products, makes me shop less and less on these shopping channels.  Boring.