Honored Contributor

Re: Think Q is expensive?? Melissa McCarthy prices are high!

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Just sayin what???  If YOU can't afford those prices, that doesn't mean they are expensive.  It just means uou can't afford them.

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean it's not expensive.  LOL

You have no idea what someone can or cannot afford but everytime someone says something is expensive, you always use this same line. 

I use it because it works and it's true.  All these "too expensive" posts are just silly.  It's a no brainer that it's just people who can't buy the things they would like to buy....because they don't have the money.  What I don't understand is why they feel the need to whine about it on this board.  It's not anyone else cares. 

I don't think that's the case but the same could be said about all the items you posted about buying in the Evine thread you started.  I mean you bought clearance clothing items on 6 value pays because obviously you couldn't afford to pay for them in full. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Just sayin what???  If YOU can't afford those prices, that doesn't mean they are expensive.  It just means uou can't afford them.

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean it's not expensive.  LOL

You have no idea what someone can or cannot afford but everytime someone says something is expensive, you always use this same line. 

I use it because it works and it's true.  All these "too expensive" posts are just silly.  It's a no brainer that it's just people who can't buy the things they would like to buy....because they don't have the money.  What I don't understand is why they feel the need to whine about it on this board.  It's not anyone else cares. 

IMO, things can be too expensive for what you get,   not necessarily just too expensive for anyone's budget.

"To each their own, in all things".
Frequent Contributor

I have purchased a couple of Melissa's clothing items out in retail.  Price is about the same (minus the shipping), and the quality is great.  I am willing to spend the money on something if it is quality, flattering, and will not go out of style.  Not everything out there that costs more is a "ridiculous" price.  I have purchased "basics" at the mart stores only to have them shrink beyond wearing in the laundry.  Sometimes you get what you pay for, and other times it is over the top expensive.

Regular Contributor

I wore Seven7 jeans and a few tops before Melissa started her line and love the fit and quality.  I have several pieces from the Melissa line and love them all!   The fit, style and quality are right n line with the pricing.  Sure you can buy a $40 sweater but will it have cool style, soft fabric and still look great after you've washed it 25x??  That LeMeow sweater has been a workhorse n my wardrobe since I got the black one in Oct!!   I just ordered the new print tiered maxi - bummed. That I Wasn't quick enough to snag the paint spattered jeans but I got some great wide legged crops from Nordstrom!   The b&m stores often have  sales on her line too!!   On a cost per wear basis her line isn't too expensive at all!!! 

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Snicks1, @MoJoV, @DiAnne, @ajsidney12, her clothing is NOT made in the USA.  Everything I looked at says imported.

@Lipstickdiva I stand corrected.  Like I said, I was not sure where her clothes are made.  

However, I still stick by my statement that people will have to pay more for clothes made in this country.  There are plenty of products out there that are, and yet people complain about those costs too.