Honored Contributor

Re: Think Q is expensive?? Melissa McCarthy prices are high!

I have not seen her line but better quality fabrics and made in America will add up to higher prices. 

Honored Contributor

I just really need to tell you all something personal about Melissa.  I shouldn't, even though it is nice!  LOL!

I can't tell you who, but someone I know sees Melissa often where they work.  She is the kindest person to all.  From busboy to hostess..  In LA people know a phony, and they say she is not.  She is quieter in person, but funny too!  She treats wait staff like kings and queens, and leaves gratuities beyond what is standard.  But people say they love to work with her even they didn't receive any money, because it is a pleasure.  I am using words that used in describing her, but I interpreted the several stories told to me.  She is professional. I know the kindness she did to one person when she didn't have to, and it really touched me.

I have never seen her movies, or her tv show.  In fact until lately I wasn't quite sure who she was.  But I enjoyed hearing about her.  Because some stories I have heard about some celebrities, well....one couldn't repeat those stories.  I leave that to the Enquirer

Trusted Contributor

She had a lovely pair of flair jeans in her line. I really really wanted to buy them - even at $89. The problem was that they only came in a tall length and I'd have to whack off several inches, thus losing the proportion. 

Maybe she'll listen to the reviews and make some shorter options.

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates

I wonder why just tall lengths?  That is odd.  Does she offer other lengths, and they sell out, or does she just make them long?  I haven't seen her line.  Does she sell here on the Q or is it HSN ?

Valued Contributor

I do like some of her offerings - they are reminiscent of LOGO - but I agree that her prices are just too high.  Tees and tanks at $69-$79.  I'll watch for them on clearance, but I doubt they'll be there. 

Honored Contributor

There was nothing special about the poncho last night that Colleen had on that would warrant the $118.00 price tag.  The material I believe was cotton/poly/viscose.

I posted on the other thread that a few of the tops were so thin, you could see the tags and the models' skin right through them as they were being modeled.

I have never seen Melissa in anything she is wearing when she's on HSN that I think is flattering on her.  

Respected Contributor

I have a plaid shirt previously, that I like and ordered the white print blouse. Expensive...yes, however they are very different styles that I like. I will post a review after I receive. I haven't tried her jeans mostly because of the prices. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe they are made in America ?    

If so, would that make a difference?   People always complain about things made elsewhere, but do they REALLY support American made?   I wonder about that.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Maybe they are made in America ?    

If so, would that make a difference?   People always complain about things made elsewhere, but do they REALLY support American made?   I wonder about that.

No.  Not made in America.  Country of origin on everything says "Imported." 

Honored Contributor

Just sayin what???  If YOU can't afford those prices, that doesn't mean they are expensive.  It just means uou can't afford them.