Occasional Contributor

Who makes a top that is more beefy material? I don't like Liquid knit, and I'm sending back a Isaac concoction today. Some pima's work but sort of wrinkle. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Thin and Sloppy material

Probably won't be seeing heavier fabrics until they start showing winter styles again........maybe August

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor

Think I will try LLBean.

Honored Contributor

Pima is usually 100% cotton and cotton always wrinkles.  Try Denim & Co., especially tops designed for winter.  Skip anything labeled "Perfect Jersey" as it rubbery, thin and clingy.  Anything French Terry is usually substantial. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Try Duluth Trading Company. Their tops are hefty.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Pima is usually 100% cotton and cotton always wrinkles.  Try Denim & Co., especially tops designed for winter.  Skip anything labeled "Perfect Jersey" as it rubbery, thin and clingy.  Anything French Terry is usually substantial. 

@Kachina624 

I have a collection of Lands End 100% pima cotton tee shirts and they definitely don't wrinkle.  I wash in cold water, hang to dry, and they're generally ready to wear again.  But they're probably not "beefy" enough for OP.  Where I live, beefy is probably the last thing we're looking for in a tee.  I need light and cool rather than thick and beefy.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags    Isaac's tees seem to me to be getting progressive thinner and are very clingy.  I've sworn off of them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Ann n TN Don't put too much money down on L L Bean.  I've already thrown 3 Pima cotton T's in the trash.

They are just like Isacc's...........thin - clings - and shrinks.

I just ordered a couple from Lands'End - before QVC I bought most casual things from them and - slacks - still wearing.

Good Luck

Esteemed Contributor

I like Eddie Bauer. Mine have lasted for years.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

I have a collection of Lands End 100% pima cotton tee shirts and they definitely don't wrinkle.  I wash in cold water, hang to dry, and they're generally ready to wear again.  But they're probably not "beefy" enough for OP.  Where I live, beefy is probably the last thing we're looking for in a tee.  I need light and cool rather than thick and beefy.

Agree with Kachina. I too purchased Land's End tees and they're a great weight, and fit.