Honored Contributor

Re: Thick looking Cashmere sweaters from Rag & Bone

$450.00?  I don't think I own a piece of clothing, handbag or boots that I've ever spent that much money on.  Way back in high school in the 60's we were taught that cashmere wore through very quickly.  I bet that was a rumor my mother started.

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki 

I'm not Songbird but all my cashmere says "dry clean only" and I wash it all by hand in Woolite and lay flat on a towel to dry but before I do that, I shave all the pills from it.  Pills are not a sign of cheap merchandise.  They are a sign of rubbing against the article of clothing.  Ever had a Persian cat and see how its fur balls (pills) up.  Same thing with cashmere because it comes from an animal.  They are meant to live in the cold but when they get hot by rubbing (as against your body or your seatbelt), they are going to form pills.  That is just the nature of the beast.  The same reason your fox or mink coat might shed and make a mess in your closet in the summer, the reason we are told to put them in cold storage.

Honored Contributor

I like the boysenberry and the last bl/white print.

Maybe even the pale blue.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).