Honored Contributor

Re: Thick looking Cashmere sweaters from Rag & Bone

They don't look soft and that's the one thing I expect from cashmere 

It was on back order but I finally received this today and it's lovely! decadently soft and light weight. I treated myself and happy that I did

D2422EBC-36CE-44EC-96C8-4DEBAAEE8CC0.jpegGarnet Hill

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

NakedCashmeredotcom

has this sweater similar to the one posted from Rag & Bone

YVETTE

I really like this sweater!  That and the Alpaca.  Thank you for the site.  I'm going shopping!  I much prefer the thicker, softer cashmere.  It's supposed to keep you warm after all.  Good alternative to wool.

This 560 grams of Cashmere.  Cable style.  If brown can be lux, this is it.  Color is called Truffle.

The striped sweater is the same price at Rag & Bone  $325.00.   424 grams of Cashmere.  Price per gram weight ala gold... LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

What @Tadaki  said ...   First you spend big bucks for the sweater, then you pay dry cleaning fees over and over and over again.  Beautiful sweaters - thanks for the photos.  But cashmere is a "no" for me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

What @Tadaki  said ...   First you spend big bucks for the sweater, then you pay dry cleaning fees over and over and over again.  Beautiful sweaters - thanks for the photos.  But cashmere is a "no" for me.

Cashmere is washable.  You can hand wash them.  All of my Cashmere is.  I've had then for years. 

Respected Contributor

Cashmere has been a disappointment for me over the years. My Mom loved it, so she often gave me a sweater at Christmas. They never seemed to fit correctly. My arms are long and the sweaters were always too short on arm length  Seems like 2-ply cashmere isn't enough, might as well be wearing a 2-ply tissue paper sweater! Soft yes, fit no.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  - hopefully we'll be seeing a picture of you on the other thread soon.   It's really a beautiful sweater. 

@Andreatoo wrote:

They don't look soft and that's the one thing I expect from cashmere 

It was on back order but I finally received this today and it's lovely! decadently soft and light weight. I treated myself and happy that I did

D2422EBC-36CE-44EC-96C8-4DEBAAEE8CC0.jpegGarnet Hill

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  @Andreatoo 

Yes, we want to see you all decked out in this lovely sweater.  I do like your taste in tops!

Trusted Contributor

@songbird Just want to confirm before I try this: does your cashmere say Dry Clean Only and you can hand wash?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tadaki wrote:

@songbird Just want to confirm before I try this: does your cashmere say Dry Clean Only and you can hand wash?  

Yes!  Cashmere is washable.  But you have to be careful.  Don't put in the gentle cycle of old washing machines, even though some people do.  If you have a new generation of washing machines, they can  be used on the gentle cycle. I don't, so I have to hand wash them. I use woolite.  I hand wash them & lay them flat.

From martha Stewart

https://www.marthastewart.com/1517325/how-wash-and-care-cashmere#:~:text=The%20Best%20Way%20to%20Was....

Trusted Contributor

@songbird Thanks!