Honored Contributor

Re: They kinda threw us a curve ball regarding "Fall Fashion Fest"

@peachesncream wrote:

@dex wrote:

I am having a hard time with fashion at this stage of life...not even sure what I look good in.I like the clothes that I am sure are too young for me better than the stuff that is targeted for my age group which is 62 ...if anyone has any suggestions.I am granny age but my mind doesn't believe it.I really miss Lisa Robertson because she kind of helped give me some fashion sense.i don't seem to be inspired by any of the other q hosts style wise so I don't watch the fashion shows that often.I hope others found some fall fashion ideas to be excited about.

Can I suggest LOFT? They have a bit of a younger, more fashion forward look IMO. They're also relatively inexpensive and have a lot of sales.

Their clothing isn't necessarily meant to last forever. I'm not looking for that when I shop there. I'm looking for a few items to update my look.

My style is classic with a twist. I shop at Talbots, Macys, LL Bean, Loft, Boden. 

Good luck to you! I struggle with the same issues, looking for a balance. I want to look modern but not silly.

LOft is a good call,

on trend

sales all the time as well

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@peachesncream wrote:

@dex wrote:

I am having a hard time with fashion at this stage of life...not even sure what I look good in.I like the clothes that I am sure are too young for me better than the stuff that is targeted for my age group which is 62 ...if anyone has any suggestions.I am granny age but my mind doesn't believe it.I really miss Lisa Robertson because she kind of helped give me some fashion sense.i don't seem to be inspired by any of the other q hosts style wise so I don't watch the fashion shows that often.I hope others found some fall fashion ideas to be excited about.

Can I suggest LOFT? They have a bit of a younger, more fashion forward look IMO. They're also relatively inexpensive and have a lot of sales.

Their clothing isn't necessarily meant to last forever. I'm not looking for that when I shop there. I'm looking for a few items to update my look.

My style is classic with a twist. I shop at Talbots, Macys, LL Bean, Loft, Boden. 

Good luck to you! I struggle with the same issues, looking for a balance. I want to look modern but not silly.

LOft is a good call,

on trend

sales all the time as well

I'm back at Talbots.............

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@bbydol wrote:

....just saying (maybe it's just me)

...the night's still young though....

@bbydol

So what is the curve ball ?

I think it was actually a sinker.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@twins mom wrote:

I turned off when I saw the LOGO red plaid shirt paired with the purple and rose colored jacket.  That can't be my fashion sense...

That was nonsense.  Can't even refer to it as fashion.

You mean it's not "SO CHIC"?

Oh, dear.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I was disappointed. They didn't make anything special about it. If it weren't for Clinton Kelly, it would have been the same old, same old.

I saw a little of Clinton and all I could think was "those prints make me want to hurl"

Honored Contributor

I didn't see more than a few minutes yesterday, but was that REALLY their Fall Fashion Day?

Tell me it was a joke....

Honored Contributor

I only saw Clinton's early morning show with Alberti.  I really liked some of the stuff.  I did a quick looksee through his inventory and I love the print on the georgette blouse with the poet sleeves.  I'm just not a big fan of georgette.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I keep a tv on (I frequently forget to click it off --but oh well they say having one on can prevent breakins Smiley Happy )

It seemed like everytime I caught it there was QF with a big shiny pumpkin. I have never purchased QF but they do look well made and I am sure many enjoy it . Fall Fashion Day seemed to me like the movie Ground Hog day . Smiley Happy

I did think the dress by Clinton Kelly --sort of abstract with white at the hem--was lovely. I think that would work for many ages and sizes of women. If I had any need for a dress (closet full) I would have purchased that. I do wish he was presenting more often.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday was a complete dud.  Not a fan of QF at all.  The Clark's rep isn't far behind.  Reviewed the day's program guide and did laundry instead.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I am 69 years old and never felt that certain fashions were not for my age. I buy clothing that suits my style and is comfortable. I am retired and do not wear work clothes. I wear jeans and t-shirts,etc. I live a very casual lifestyle. The only thing I am obsessed by is shoes. I like to have shoes that match. I think you just need to find a style that fits your needs. Go out of your comfort zone and try new styles. You never know until you try it. Are you having a hard time finding pants, tops or other accessories? Some magazines have good information. I liked when they used to have Dan Wheeler show outfits that coordinated. This gave the customers options of what they needed or how it would go together. I wish they did not cut this from their programming. Just do what makes your comfortable and feels good. Take someone shopping with you that will help you on making decisions. I am sure you know what you like so do that for yourself. Take a chance on using your own intuition.