Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: They kinda threw us a curve ball regarding "Fall Fashion Fest"

I suggest Linea. I'm a young 72 fashion wise; Louis D'el Olio was the director of Anne Klein for years and his clothes are stylish but not "trendy." His clothes are the only thing I buy on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped playing Charlie Brown to their Lucy a long time ago!...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

I agree, especially when you "ADD" all the Logo shows over the past weekend and today.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I am having a hard time with fashion at this stage of life...not even sure what I look good in.I like the clothes that I am sure are too young for me better than the stuff that is targeted for my age group which is 62 ...if anyone has any suggestions.I am granny age but my mind doesn't believe it.I really miss Lisa Robertson because she kind of helped give me some fashion sense.i don't seem to be inspired by any of the other q hosts style wise so I don't watch the fashion shows that often.I hope others found some fall fashion ideas to be excited about.

Can I suggest LOFT? They have a bit of a younger, more fashion forward look IMO. They're also relatively inexpensive and have a lot of sales.

Their clothing isn't necessarily meant to last forever. I'm not looking for that when I shop there. I'm looking for a few items to update my look.

My style is classic with a twist. I shop at Talbots, Macys, LL Bean, Loft, Boden. 

Good luck to you! I struggle with the same issues, looking for a balance. I want to look modern but not silly.

Respected Contributor

I turned off when I saw the LOGO red plaid shirt paired with the purple and rose colored jacket.  That can't be my fashion sense...

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream thanks...love your thoughts and ideas.

Respected Contributor

@twins mom wrote:

I turned off when I saw the LOGO red plaid shirt paired with the purple and rose colored jacket.  That can't be my fashion sense...

That was nonsense.  Can't even refer to it as fashion.

Respected Contributor

@twins mom wrote:

That made me laugh...

Esteemed Contributor

I was disappointed. They didn't make anything special about it. If it weren't for Clinton Kelly, it would have been the same old, same old.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I am having a hard time with fashion at this stage of life...not even sure what I look good in.I like the clothes that I am sure are too young for me better than the stuff that is targeted for my age group which is 62 ...if anyone has any suggestions.I am granny age but my mind doesn't believe it.I really miss Lisa Robertson because she kind of helped give me some fashion sense.i don't seem to be inspired by any of the other q hosts style wise so I don't watch the fashion shows that often.I hope others found some fall fashion ideas to be excited about.

I am the same age as you, there are tons of stuff out there for you.

I don't think 62 is "granny age" at all

take a stroll around Marshalls or TJ, I find a lot of things there even in the Junior section its not all skimpy things,

I get upset when I read women saying I am too old for something, when I think they really, really want to take a chance and wear it.

I am not going to wear cut off's and a tiny tank top but I never did even when I was young.