Respected Contributor

Re: They haven't shown the plus-size model with one thing buttoned or zipped this morning.

I'm in New England and stuff better be able to close or you freeze!

Respected Contributor

Re: They haven't shown the plus-size model with one thing buttoned or zipped this morning.

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

At one time Maria lost a lot of weight and went to a size large.  She gained it back and should be in a 1X or 2X, but they still try to squeeze her into the large.  She sometimes has a 6"+ gap between the lapels of a jacket.

She has been wearing an XL on some shows recently -- I've seen hosts say that she was wearing a L (as usual), and she has corrected them to say that she is in an XL.

Respected Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

Maria's jackets are never closed; she also needs to wear a larger size.  They say Jess wears a large or xlarge; I doubt that.

I think Jess does indeed wear a large (with plenty of room) in some brands. But as we all know, some lines run smaller than others, and adjustments should probably be made depending on what the items are when they're pulling clothing for the models and hosts. That, however, might get very complicated.

Valued Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

Maria's jackets are never closed; she also needs to wear a larger size.  They say Jess wears a large or xlarge; I doubt that.

I have often wondered about the sizes that the larger models say they wear, but I figured that since TV adds 10 pounds, they say, that maybe they look larger to me than they really are.  But if you are a 1X, 2X, etc. own it and it will also help those of us that are plus size.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like if the plus size model is not wearing the correct size they will put a jacket or something covering the actual garment being presented

I don't even know how many plus size models they have anymore they always use Maria, I don't see iris often but the last time she was on I think she said she was wearing a large in a particular garment.  Rebecca the redhead I don't know if she is with the Q any longer and there may be another that I saw this weekend she is new to me so I don't recall her name.

Honored Contributor

I'd just check the actual garment measurements if it's listed. I could never go by the models wearing it anyway. I never zip unless it's below the 20s or windy. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm a size 10 and I never button or zip jackets .... here in Southern California, you're almost never cold.   No reason to feel confined!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm a size 10 and I never button or zip jackets .... here in Southern California, you're almost never cold.   No reason to feel confined!

If a jacket doesn't bottom up it's just too small for me elsewhere and then I really feel confined.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they had a pancake breakfast and they all gorged themselves where nothing fit.