Respected Contributor

They haven't shown the plus-size model with one thing buttoned or zipped this morning.

Good grief, I'm sure plus size people don't go through their lives with EVERYTHING unbuttoned or unzipped...............frankly,  that Gili jacked would have never closed on her and the trench was questionable.........put her in a size that fits or don't show it at all.  Plus-size people deserve well fitting clothes.  I'm not plus-sized, but I'm sure they don't want to spend their money on something they could never close.

Frequent Contributor

Re: They haven't shown the plus-size model with one thing buttoned or zipped this morning.

That GILI jacket didn't come large enough.  I looked at the bust measurement.  I normally take an XL, but the largest size they had in this jacket would not have been a good fit for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: They haven't shown the plus-size model with one thing buttoned or zipped this morning.

When I'm plus-sized, I almost never button or zip But I do to buy so that I could.  That seems to be how I get my best look. 

In fact, I probably dress that way even when I'm much smaller because my figure stays pretty much the same proportions no matter the actual size.

As for whether they show things buttoned up on the plus models - I don't care, but I do care that they show things on a larger than XS body becasue when they don't I always assume there's no way I'd like the garment on me.  Otherwise, I can figure out what I think for myself.

Honored Contributor

I noticed that too

so I am guessing that they never have models and the size clothing that is their size.  Which equates to poor planning

Honored Contributor

They put plus size models in clothes that are a size too small.  I don't know why, they just do.  I don't care, I button sweaters and jackets and I buy clothes that me.  I don't care what the silly stylists do with the plus size models.  

Occasional Contributor

Have to agree that lately they are doing that...not sure why.  They obviously do not have the correct sizes available for their shows.  That G.I.L.I. jacket was about 3 sizes too small...it looked ridiculous on the plus model.  Fortunately, the models are real pros and carry the look off...good for them, but shame on QVC.  And the trench coat was also on the small size, probably needed the next size.  Plus size buyers need to be able to see an item open and zipped up on the model to make a wise buying decision.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was the first thing I saw this morning on Q. A beautiful plus size red head model (Jess? I don't know her name) in that jacket at LEAST two to three sizes too small! SHEESH !!!! How the heck did she even get it on? The white side pannels were on her back! She looked ridiculous with a foot wide gap in the front....couldn't hardly even see the jacket! Please put this lovely lady in her correct size and stop making her look foolish. Siop this madness!!!!

Respected Contributor

Maria's jackets are never closed; she also needs to wear a larger size.  They say Jess wears a large or xlarge; I doubt that.

Respected Contributor

QVC doesn't seem to show buttoned/zipped jackets on ANY woman.

Their motto seems to be--if the jacket fits, don't wear it.

Honored Contributor

At one time Maria lost a lot of weight and went to a size large.  She gained it back and should be in a 1X or 2X, but they still try to squeeze her into the large.  She sometimes has a 6"+ gap between the lapels of a jacket.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment