Honored Contributor

They are really pushing those french terry pants

Wonder why? They are just so....... unattractive. Your basic slop around the house walk the dog pants.

Respected Contributor

Re: They are really pushing those french terry pants

Guess lots of people slop around the house and walk the dog lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because they are soft, comfortable, and (in a lot of cases) very flattering.  That is why we have so many styles of clothing; to be creative, express ourselves, and to allow for different perspectives.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know about these but I have A268084(ankle pants)and they look great on! I'm 5'3" and they are the perfect length for me. I got them just to wear casually everyday. I wore them for the first time to a semi dressy luncheon with a nice top and got several compliments on them and asked where did I get them. This prompted me to buy two more pair. They look good on me, are comfortable and feel great! I really like them as I find them to be versatile. Maybe you should give them a try!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I think I would prefer to wear tights under my jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they would offer more french terry tops - love them to layer in the winter...but would never wear terry pants.

Honored Contributor

I've never tried french terry.  I think of it as wearing a bath towel.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several pair of the D&C with seam detail.  They are thicker than a Tshirt, smooth knit, don't stretch out, mine haven't faded (I wouldn't want a pant out of a thinner material)  and they fit great and are comfortable.  

I never wear mine that I don't get compliments.  They do not wrinkle and just look great on! 

I will add......I have 3 different French Terry's.  Quacker and 2 D&C.  I have 3 different fabrics, all French terry.  My grey ones look like flannel, the navy are dressy knit and the Quacker ones are not as fine a knit.  The D&C with seam detail are my favorite!  They look so nice on and do not wrinkle or fade!

They are nothing like "terry," the outside is smooth like a fine Tshirt and the inside is a very short loop and smooth.  You have to look close to tell it is not just smooth knit!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@castlenv wrote:

High quality French terry is nothing like a bath towel.  It's a beautifully soft, fine-knit fabric, smooth on the outside, with very small loops on the inside.  It's comfortable and wears well.

As with everything, there are great variations in quality.  That's why I said "high quality French terry".

I have a pair of dark indigo jeans in French terry and they are my absolute favorites.  They feel soft and comfortable on, keep their shape and have not faded after many washings.

Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

Its nothing like the terry cloth used for bath towels.   It's like sweat shirt material with no fuzz inside.  They do make shirts out of towel material too,  and I don't care for them. 

I thought this mornings D&C show was the worst ever.   They were just trying to dump a bunch of stuff from last summer.  If we didn't want it in August,  we sure don't want it in December. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment